Which one? Medium Chanel Gabrielle or Large Vanity Case?

Which one?

• Medium Chanel Gabrielle

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Large Vanity Case

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

baileylab

O.G.
Apr 20, 2008
Hello, Everyone.

Help me with my confusion.

I'm going the Chanel way because I prefer zippers when traveling.

Please state your reason for your choice.

Thank you very much!!

Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 7.45.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-29 at 7.45.09 PM.png

These are totally different bags. Only you can decide which one fits your travel needs. You haven't provided enough information about what you are looking for except you want a zipper ;)

Thanks, A12!

I need it for travel. Meaning the usual sightseeing, shopping, getting things in & out in a jiffy.

I got tired of using an Hermes Kelly. Now I want something different.
I think then definitely the gabrielle as it has the top zip versus the vanity you need to open the bag to take out what you are looking for! Share what you end up deciding on!

I think the Gabrielle would be most practical for traveling, except do know that the base is VERY rigid, which may limit you somewhat in how much it holds overall. It's really easy to get in and out of, holds quite a bit, and you have many options on how to wear the chains, depending on what you're doing/wearing. Also, I really like the PVC over the tweed Gabi in your pic; is that the one you're considering? I saw one in person last week, and was surprised at how soft and flexible the PVC overlay was, and how the tweed poked through....really cool. I love the look of the vanity case, and think it's a great bag, but I wouldn't personally use it for travel. Let us know what you decide! :smile:

I think the Gabrielle would be most practical for traveling, except do know that the base is VERY rigid, which may limit you somewhat in how much it holds overall. It's really easy to get in and out of, holds quite a bit, and you have many options on how to wear the chains, depending on what you're doing/wearing. Also, I really like the PVC over the tweed Gabi in your pic; is that the one you're considering? I saw one in person last week, and was surprised at how soft and flexible the PVC overlay was, and how the tweed poked through....really cool. I love the look of the vanity case, and think it's a great bag, but I wouldn't personally use it for travel. Let us know what you decide! :smile:

Thanks so much for the input, Stylistbydesign! At first I was skeptical (no chanel store here) because the pvc might make the bag look cheap. But for me it also helps a lot that the tweed is protected by plastic.

Why wouldn't you use it for travel? meaning you'd rather use a cheap bag for traveling? I usually travel to cities for leisure so I need a nice bag to alternate with my kelly.

I suppose the Gabrielle would be easier to get in and out of during travel but I voted for the vanity because I like the way it looks more!

Yeah me too. Hence my confusion. Thanks, Foxygt!

Vanity for the look, Gab for the functionality. Can't go wrong with both.

Thanks for confusing me more, Loves.... :P