Has anyone tried eyebrow microblading?

I had it done and probably won't do it again.

My eyebrows have faded quite substantially after a year and it's not worth the hassle to keep going back every year...I hate the healing process. I'm making an appointment soon to get the soft powder technique done, as it should last longer..

What is the soft powder technique? I hate the healing process too.....is it different with soft powder?

What is the soft powder technique? I hate the healing process too.....is it different with soft powder?

Instead of using a tiny blade to carve hair strokes on your skin, the technician uses a needle to deposit tiny dots of pigment into your skin. This method gives your brows a soft finish..like you powdered them in.
The healing process is pretty much the same..eyebrows turn dark, scab up, itch and fall off. Because the pigment is deposited deeper into your skin, it should last longer than microblading..like 2-3 years. I should add that I had a regular sold fill eyebrow tattoo prior to that and it lasted about 3 years. I would imagine the soft powder technique would be quite similar...

Reactions: bigdilove
Instead of using a tiny blade to carve hair strokes on your skin, the technician uses a needle to deposit tiny dots of pigment into your skin. This method gives your brows a soft finish..like you powdered them in.
The healing process is pretty much the same..eyebrows turn dark, scab up, itch and fall off. Because the pigment is deposited deeper into your skin, it should last longer than microblading..like 2-3 years. I should add that I had a regular sold fill eyebrow tattoo prior to that and it lasted about 3 years. I would imagine the soft powder technique would be quite similar...

That's for the reply, this is good to know. I was very happy with the blading, but I'm always looking to try something new. When mine start to fade, I think I may try the powdered brow! Especially if it lasts longer! : )

I've done microblading one year ago. It was painful and there was a period when my eyebrows looked too dark. After that period they looked natural and after 8 months they faded. Not worth

I did it, after first day I loved the outcome...once the healing began I didn’t. My skin reacted and pieces of the dyed area fell off, some lines were blurred ... hot mess! I have yet to get a. 2nd part of the treatment because I’m scared.

I did it, after first day I loved the outcome...once the healing began I didn’t. My skin reacted and pieces of the dyed area fell off, some lines were blurred ... hot mess! I have yet to get a. 2nd part of the treatment because I’m scared.

I went for a consult recently. The tech was quite honest and told me she can’t guarantee I will like it because she doesn’t know how I will heal. She says think long and hard about it. She says I will love it initially but when it heals I may be upset. I respected her honesty, she even said she wouldn’t mess with her eyebrows (mind u she has a fair amount) but I think that’s cause she has lots of brows lol. I did not book a session. She is a very good tech (booked till Aug) so I took her advice and held off.
I am sorry ur having a bad exp with this. What was ur reaction? Unless it’s a major reaction I would go back to do the touch up. It may make it look more finished once the touch up/corrections are made. My friend did hers and initially wasn’t happy after the healing (no reaction though). She did do the touch up and is happier now- I hope this will end up being ur case. Good luck.

I had the worst experience. I found this gal on Yelp. Five star reviews.
Fast forward to the end of the session. I had about four hairs that she put on the front of the brows. The rest was tattooed on. Once it healed, there was one random line above the tail of one of my brows.

It was such a bad job and I paid $400. I contacted her and she told me to go back in. I’m too scared that she will screw it up even more.

After 8 months, it has faded dramatically- but the random line is still there!

Im having my eyebrows done tomorrow....its not microblading its HD hairstrokes which heal better and last longer than microblading. The person doing them is actually a friend of mine who has been doing permanent make up for a while now. I love her work so I am excited! *fingerscrossed.

I have what may be a dumb question. Does the microblading damage what eyebrows you currently have? I always had dark thick eyebrows but they have thinned out slightly and lightened quite a bit with age. I’d like to restore them to their former glory. Lol. Will the procedure negatively affect the brows or hair follicles that are still there?
Such a good question, wondering the same..

Microblading is the best technique for thickening your eyebrows. There are many advantages of eyebrows microblading:

Reduces the time to get ready in the morning.

It lasts for a long time.

It is safe as compared to other techniques

It doesn't matter if you like them arched and feathered or straight and bold, eyebrows are arguably the most important facial feature. If you're not satisfied with the ones you have, there are so many ways to update them, including brow gel, pencils, and even tattooing. But now there's a very natural option that delivers semi-permanent results. Ladies, we'd like to introduce you to microblading. Unlike the sometimes Sharpie-esque effects of permanent makeup, microblading is more of an embroidery of trompe l'œil strokes that look just like real hairs.

Question:
How do you find a reputable person to do microblading? I have gone through Yelp and selected the business with five stars. When all was healed, there is a random line above my eyebrow! There was no microblading done, just straight tattoo. Now all the bad reviews are coming in on the business!
I don’t know anyone else who needs microblading, so a referral is out. What other avenues shall I take to correct or touch up?