Mulberry Bayswater tote??

Has anyone purchased a new mulberry tote? If so what colour? I love the look of the navy, but not sure how it will wear or if it’s worth the money? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
Was just pulling out my oak tote for spring. Too soon to tell how it will wear in the long term, but so far so good and I do love the versatility (work, shopping etc) so haven't regretted the purchase.

Tempted to get the navy as well!

Attachments

• 20180419_193228.jpg
    20180419_193228.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,038
Wow it’s gorgeous in oak! I was so tempted with the ocean blue one but didn’t know what it would go with [emoji51] when with navy as love the silver hardware. I’ve never seen one in the flesh so I’m hoping I love it

It arrived today... and to be honest I’m just not feeling the love [emoji21] it just looks so boring and I’m devastated because I had such high hopes for this bag. I currently use a coach market tote which I love but I don’t like how open it is. Maybe if I chose a light colour... but then I’m worried about colour transfer [emoji51]

Hi, I really wanted one but thought the price too high. Managed to secure a second hand one and I love it. Yes but dull but getting a Mono Luxury Liner to jazz it up. Very happy perfect for what I want.

I have one in clay that I bought during the Christmas/winter sales.

I tried to find information about wear and tear and pros and cons but couldn’t find so much. I saw it in store and got obsessed with the colour and finally pulled the trigger.

And I really really like it. I wear totes for work to have the option to bring home my work computer. I have some Tory Burch, Longchamps, LV Neverfull (in DE) and now this one. I would say it is the most confortable one of all I have. The straps are SO soft and sits nicely on the shoulder. Style wise I would prefer the Neverfull (which has the perfect tote shape for me). When it comes to wear and tear I have had no problems so far but I do feel like it is not that durable. The corners scares me and the leather feels fragile in some way. But I have not had any problems with it and it looks new (I switch a lot through my 7 totes).

Since it is so very comfortable and really nice looking I do feel like I could buy it in one more colour on a sale or something [emoji56]

I really wanted one as the Dorset Leather was too sensitive and the Blossom boring but thought way over priced. Secured a second hand one in burgundy and adore it. I love a tote and it’s nice and firm. Got a beautiful liner made for it. It’s perfect for my day to day needs. I’ve scaled right back and all I’ve got now is this, a black Bay Shoulder, Regular Oak Lily and a vintage Rio Tote. I’m done. To add about wear and tear, I saw a slight light scratch but a bit of colour match boot polish and now can’t see a thing. I use Collinil all the time but just touch up corners with the polish and it’s fine. I don’t think, however beautiful, I’d buy a light bag as I’m just too lazy to be careful with it.

Attachments

• A0EC5407-8474-4718-A824-19CFD8A35A02.jpeg
    A0EC5407-8474-4718-A824-19CFD8A35A02.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
I have been thinking about buying exact this bag if it goes on sale. Why did you return it?
There was nothing wrong with the bag itself, I just thought it wasn’t worth the price tag. I’m also not sure about the dark interior in a light colored bag. But will probably consider purchasing it if it goes on sale. I actually have a thread about this and YSL tote here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/summer-shopper-mulberry-bayswater-tote-or-saint-laurent.1009779/

Reactions: Kmora
Hi ladies, for those who own the bayswater tote, please are you able to weigh the bag on its own and tell me the weight? I have a bayswater which I find too heavy and I am tempted to get a bayswater tote but I want it to be light weight. Also, please can I get a census of the various colours people that bought? I am torn between the navy, black and oak!! Thanks very much!

Reactions: ivdw