Platform Pumps - Yay or Nay???

Molls

O.G.
May 27, 2006
Hi Everyone,

I'm this close to buying a killer pair of black patent peeptoe pumps however how long do you think platforms will be wearable? I don't want to buy them this year and not wear them next as they're over $600 - what are your thoughts????

1. Get them because you LOVE them and you can wear them for a very long time.

2. Find a pair of classic black patent pumps that you love that you can wear forever.

I would have done a poll but I don't know how to do one yet :shame:.

What kind of platform are we talking?

Christian Louboutin considers a lot of the shoes "platform" but they aren't extreme. I find those to be classic.

KISS (yes, the band!) on the other hand? Not so much.

I think it totally depends what you're getting... I plan to wear many of my CLs for some time to come even with the slight platform. I probably won't wear super chunky platforms for too long though.

I was trying to find a picture of them but I can't, they're the YSL Tribute Black Patent Peeptoe Mary Janes. They were on NM or Bergdorf's website but they're gone.

The YSL Tribute are very trendy imo. I think they are VERY nice. They are what I would call exaggerated platform. I think they are like 5.5 inches? They are basically the IT shoe at the moment along with the hard to find CL Foxtrots. If you love them and can't live without them, go for it. If not, get a pair of CL platforms. They will be more classic imo.

Are they anything like these YSL's?

I think these are amazingly gorgeous and would have no problem wearing these a bit beyond whenever the platform craze dies down. It's been around at least a couple seasons - ? Personally, I love it because I have short legs and I can always use a little extra help.

Personally, I love it because I have short legs and I can always use a little extra help.

me too! I need all the help I can get and platforms make me taller and look thinner. They make your legs look good in general. I hope they stay around for a while. I say if you really like them and they are current designer platforms you'll be able to wear them for a while.

I agree that the CL platforms will be longer-lasting because they're not as extreme. Taryn rose has a pair out that look a lot like the CL ones.

IMO the more exagerated platforms are trendy and I wouldn't spend so much on them. Since they are an "it" shoe, I'm sure they've been copied by several lower end brands like Nine West.

Are they anything like these YSL's?

I think these are amazingly gorgeous and would have no problem wearing these a bit beyond whenever the platform craze dies down. It's been around at least a couple seasons - ? Personally, I love it because I have short legs and I can always use a little extra help.

That's the one but I'm interested in getting the black patent leather peeptoes. I tried them on and they made my legs look AMAZING! Huh, I guess my decision is already made - I'll post a pic when they get here ;):graucho::nuts::yahoo:.

The YSL Tribute are very trendy imo. I think they are VERY nice. They are what I would call exaggerated platform. I think they are like 5.5 inches? They are basically the IT shoe at the moment along with the hard to find CL Foxtrots. If you love them and can't live without them, go for it. If not, get a pair of CL platforms. They will be more classic imo.

I pair I tried on are 4 inches and they fit like a glove. I tried on a few pair of CL's but didn't like them as much.

I'm going to go for it and purchase the YSL's. My husband thought I was crazy for not getting them right then and there, LOL!

I love platform pumps. They make your legs longer and are "comfortable" because of the platform. I actually decided not to hem a few pairs of pants because the platform pumps gave me more height. I guess that means I'm saving money to spend more on shoes. :P

I love platform pumps. They make your legs longer and are "comfortable" because of the platform. I actually decided not to hem a few pairs of pants because the platform pumps gave me more height. I guess that means I'm saving money to spend more on shoes. :P

LOL, when I first saw them I thought they were absolutely stunning but I also thought OUCH, they're going to hurt. To my surprise - they were extremely comfortable and looked AMAZING! Hopefully they'll be here by the beginning of next week :yahoo:.