Do you think wearing silk scarves make a woman look older?

My grandmother used to wear a scarf knotted tightly around her neck to hide her goiter because she didn't want to have surgery. That is never a good look. :biggrin:

A scarf adds color and liveliness to one's face and no matter your age that is always a good look.

IMG_2629.JPG I lo
I'm 45 and every time I try to wear a scarf, I look like a six-year-old playing dress-up! I just can't seem to pull off the look, which is sad because my husband thinks scarves are so chic. Every time we go to Europe, he comments on how nice the ladies there look with their scarves effortlessly tied around their elegant necks. Sigh. Maybe it's more about confidence and attitude than age.
i love a good scarf and admire those who can wear it- - rarely seen in real life. I would love to be able to wear an Hermes silk and yet I always feel vaguely ridiculous when I try. I am ok with faliero sarti, but not with small silk scarves. Please help! As for scarf rings they just don't work for me- too contrived. There is a nice photo of someone looking fresh and non - matronly. Any more please post! I always think a photo speaks volumes.

View attachment 4007691 I lo

i love a good scarf and admire those who can wear it- - rarely seen in real life. I would love to be able to wear an Hermes silk and yet I always feel vaguely ridiculous when I try. I am ok with faliero sarti, but not with small silk scarves. Please help! As for scarf rings they just don't work for me- too contrived. There is a nice photo of someone looking fresh and non - matronly. Any more please post! I always think a photo speaks volumes.

There are so many SA's at Hermes who really have got how to wear the H scarf down to a science.
Why not go in to H have a look see & just ask the SA for "suggestions".. They are more than helpful
I have found with sharing various ways to tie & knot a scarf

This is how I like to wear my silks as well. Casually and "non-contrived". There's a blog I follow that shows how to tie Hermes scarves. While I love her suggestions, I sometimes find them not as casual as I like. 50% of the time, I wear a scarf as an after thought, to add colour or for some warmth for the neck. I don't spend 30 min folding & "staging" it. Here are some pictures to illustrate my point.

how-to-wear-summer-scarves-according-to-a-parisian-3.jpg

I don't wear scarves like these as I think they make me look older than I am. I like being a youthful 40s. :amuse:
IMG_6199-e1380499806586.jpg

c613d48fdff9606230218f6a34727779.jpg

This is how I like to wear my silks as well. Casually and "non-contrived". There's a blog I follow that shows how to tie Hermes scarves. While I love her suggestions, I sometimes find them not as casual as I like. 50% of the time, I wear a scarf as an after thought, to add colour or for some warmth for the neck. I don't spend 30 min folding & "staging" it. Here are some pictures to illustrate my point.

how-to-wear-summer-scarves-according-to-a-parisian-3.jpg

I don't wear scarves like these as I think they make me look older than I am. I like being a youthful 40s. :amuse:
IMG_6199-e1380499806586.jpg

c613d48fdff9606230218f6a34727779.jpg
excellent points...

There are so many SA's at Hermes who really have got how to wear the H scarf down to a science.
Why not go in to H have a look see & just ask the SA for "suggestions".. They are more than helpful
I have found with sharing various ways to tie & knot a scarf
i ve tried that: the SAs were great at demonstrating the art of twilly tying . Scarves though not so much - I found them too contrived for my lifestyle.