Gucci Belt - does it hold up? worth it?

Yes they hold up and yes they're worth it.

Never go to small or you will stretch the hole, never put more than 2 extra holes in the belt or you'll weaken the strap, never have anyone but H work on the belt for any reason.

After 22 years I had my father's everyday belt reversible strap changed for my size (you have to keep the original strap for this service) for the cost of just the strap.

Never go to small or you will stretch the hole, never put more than 2 extra holes in the belt or you'll weaken the strap, never have anyone but H work on the belt for any reason.

After 22 years I had my father's everyday belt reversible strap changed for my size (you have to keep the original strap for this service) for the cost of just the strap.
Thanks! Who is H?

I got a black Marmont belt with the logo in gold I believe 1inch with the soft leather. I love it. A friend has had hers for year. I wish I had read your comment about no more than 2 extra holes before buying mine. they did not have my size and I heard the waiting list can be months so I bought one at the store and they added 4 extra holes for me.

I got a black Marmont belt with the logo in gold I believe 1inch with the soft leather. I love it. A friend has had hers for year. I wish I had read your comment about no more than 2 extra holes before buying mine. they did not have my size and I heard the waiting list can be months so I bought one at the store and they added 4 extra holes for me.

It's interesting they did that as the rule has always been (where I am) 2 holes whatever the customer says. Don't worry about it now done, just enjoy

Sorry - bumping this thread.

I have had the Gucci Double G belt since March 2017. I wore it every week until beginning of this year. For the last 9 months it's just been sitting in my cupbroad.

For those who owns this belt, do you still wear it?

I'm debating if I should keep this belt or let it go.

Sorry - bumping this thread.

I have had the Gucci Double G belt since March 2017. I wore it every week until beginning of this year. For the last 9 months it's just been sitting in my cupbroad.

For those who owns this belt, do you still wear it?

I'm debating if I should keep this belt or let it go.
I still wear it as long as it matches what I'm wearing for the day. Strangely I've worn my silver GG belt more than my gold GG belt because I actually have more silver hardware on my accessories than gold. I actually haven't worn the gold one for months now, but will wear it soon as I just got 2 new Gucci bags with gold hardware.

I will hold onto them probably for over a decade, as I tend to do that with my designer stuff. I still have some really old Gucci belts that I don't wear anymore belonging to Frida Giannini's time.

If you would rather sell it because you don't foresee yourself wearing it again, then I suggest selling it while it is still popular to get a decent resale price.