Well now I've gone and done it - New Bottega Veneta Chartreuse Cervo Hobo

obscurity7

Aug 14, 2016
I've always loved the easy style of BV bags, and in particular, the cervo ones that get all soft and puddly. But I'm 5'2" and the larger hobo would swallow me. I think if I hugged my knees real tight, you could fit ME in that bag. Finding a medium one on the secondhand market felt nearly impossible. If those suckers were out there, no one was willing to part with them.

Except one. Because it was lime green. (I believe the technical term is chartreuse?) The price was a bit high, but I faved it and moved on with my life. Until she dropped the price in a private sale and it became a whole new ballgame. I waffled. It can't be returned, I don't usually wear shoulder bags, but the color is so obnoxiously perfect and the leather so unbelievably lovely...

So I pulled the trigger last night. It'll be here in a week or two once it passes the Poshmark authentication. (I hope others have had good experiences with their service. I'd be crushed to find out it's a fake.) I will post gleeful pictures once it arrives!

BV medium cervo hobo.jpg

am not into green at all, but i’ve been dying for this particular bv color for the longest time. i thought the colori is absinthe? anyway look forward for your reveal of this beauty. wish i found something like her sometime.

Reactions: obscurity7
I think it's a beautiful color and honestly chartreuse is more versatile and easy to wear than most people think. Enjoy your purchase! :smile::smile::smile:
Thank you! I actually had trouble sleeping last I was so excited! :lol::hbeat:

am not into green at all, but i’ve been dying for this particular bv color for the longest time. i thought the colori is absinthe? anyway look forward for your reveal of this beauty. wish i found something like her sometime.
I spent quite a bit of time with the color reference thread, and it looked like it was most likely chartreuse. But it could be absinthe. Or even assenzio. I'll know more once it arrives, and will take pictures for the group to weigh in. :smile:

Reactions: floodette
I'm 5'2" and I have several cervo hobos and love the style. I also have a slightly different style in absinthe and the colour is fantastic, congrats on your purchase!

Reactions: obscurity7
I'm 5'2" and I have several cervo hobos and love the style. I also have a slightly different style in absinthe and the colour is fantastic, congrats on your purchase!
Thanks! A couple years ago, I was wearing nothing larger than an 8" crossbody, so even the medium hobo is HUGE when compared to where I was. My tastes morphed rather quickly when I started carrying a small but roomy tote, and now I find myself chafing at the idea of trying to fit into my "usual" bags. This one is by far the largest, so we'll see which way I trend another year from now!

Reactions: muchstuff
I've always loved the easy style of BV bags, and in particular, the cervo ones that get all soft and puddly. But I'm 5'2" and the larger hobo would swallow me. I think if I hugged my knees real tight, you could fit ME in that bag. Finding a medium one on the secondhand market felt nearly impossible. If those suckers were out there, no one was willing to part with them.

Except one. Because it was lime green. (I believe the technical term is chartreuse?) The price was a bit high, but I faved it and moved on with my life. Until she dropped the price in a private sale and it became a whole new ballgame. I waffled. It can't be returned, I don't usually wear shoulder bags, but the color is so obnoxiously perfect and the leather so unbelievably lovely...

So I pulled the trigger last night. It'll be here in a week or two once it passes the Poshmark authentication. (I hope others have had good experiences with their service. I'd be crushed to find out it's a fake.) I will post gleeful pictures once it arrives!

View attachment 3998344

I just got a nodini in chartreuse
A delightful color for spring
Enjoy it
I am also 5’2” and didn’t find this hobo overwhelming on me

I just got a nodini in chartreuse
A delightful color for spring
Enjoy it
I am also 5’2” and didn’t find this hobo overwhelming on me
I saw it! It's really lovely. I'm really curious how the color will read in cervo when I get my hands on it.

Congratulations on a super find! Admittedly, I’m a bit jealous! (But in a nice way) Such a great color for this bag.
Thanks! I've been jealous of many people on this forum for a while. :smile:

What a piece! Congratulations!
Enjoy this beauty:heart:
(@grietje I’m a bit jealous too!)
Waiting for a reveal:yes:
Heh, thanks! I think it's going to be the longest week/2 weeks as I wait for this beauty.
great find! :ps: congrats!
Thanks!

Love it! I've been hunting for mediums too and you are so right...no one is giving them up!

I've been thinking of getting a large and just living in it. :lol:
Thanks! I was also debating the same. I don't carry a ton of stuff as it is, so the large would feel silly.