Louis Vuitton TUILERIES HOBO defect

mamamia2590

Mar 9, 2018
I bought this bag barely a year ago (January 2018). I do not really use it as an everyday bad and am careful when I do.
This week I noticed on the fold of the bottom of the bag, cracks turned to holes in the canvas. I was mortified. It looks like the fold created the defect. Naturally, I went to the Louis Vuitton store to say I was gravely disappointed in the quality and felt this was a defect and design issue. The manager told me it was a result of me banging the bag up against things and causing the tears. First, I said, this is not a "wear" issue. This bag is hardly used and is barely a year old. She quickly dismissed my comments and said she was sure it was because of how I handled the bag.
For such an expensive purse, you would think and hope it would hold up better. I am sick about this and can tell you I will NEVER buy another Louis. Their customer service is just plain awful and dismissive.
DO NOT buy this bag. Better yet, DO NOT buy Louis Vuitton.
Gucci just gained a customer.

I totally get it! so far my LV bags are holding up well, but it is mind-boggling to read how we should watch out for the corners, not let them "bang" on something, as if touching a wall with a purse from a luggage (!) company is banging with full force, possibly repeatedly lol.. I have a Coach bag from their factory store. I bought it 2011, it has never seen a leather conditioner or a dust bag. after use I just toss it on the dusty floor ;) of my closet, and none of its corners show any wear or tear, much less the rest of the bag.

the amount of care that is supposedly required is in no relation to the amount of money that we pay for the bag. it seems as if we have to buy the bags at an exorbitant price just for their looks, but cannot expect any durability. and I am not talking about 10 years, these bags do not seem to have 5 years in them, when you listen to some ppl. whatever they have to offer, it is definitely below the avg life expectancy of a bag.

I guess the main idea is that whoever has the money to pay for such an expensive bag, should have enough money to do so very soon again. or not buy at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: christinemliu
I bought this bag barely a year ago (January 2018). I do not really use it as an everyday bad and am careful when I do.
This week I noticed on the fold of the bottom of the bag, cracks turned to holes in the canvas. I was mortified. It looks like the fold created the defect. Naturally, I went to the Louis Vuitton store to say I was gravely disappointed in the quality and felt this was a defect and design issue. The manager told me it was a result of me banging the bag up against things and causing the tears. First, I said, this is not a "wear" issue. This bag is hardly used and is barely a year old. She quickly dismissed my comments and said she was sure it was because of how I handled the bag.
For such an expensive purse, you would think and hope it would hold up better. I am sick about this and can tell you I will NEVER buy another Louis. Their customer service is just plain awful and dismissive.
Do you have a picture?
If I were you I would try another store..

I would go to a different store. Sorry the manager acted like that. And yes there does seem to be some issues with bags with those folded corners. I don't recall anything specific I read on the Tuileries, but other bags like the Mellie & Gracefull (in Mono) have definitely had this issue.

Reactions: fabuleux
Can you post a picture? I have this bag, I’d have to check the corners....

Reactions: Mahilton and kef2
I have the same issue with my artsy Hobo bag the store refuse to even send it in. see pics holes on the 4 corners . I have a coach purse and I used it everyday and no holes .. we need to post this on twitter , I'm sure more people will post pics and we can get LV to stand behind their products .

I had the exact thing happen to my Tuileries Hobo!!! I have holes (like chunks) taken out of the corners. My leather flap over the top separated and the leather straps over the metal hooks are breaking. I am so sad and disappointed. Purchased in 2017 and it has held up horribly. Not sure what I should do. I don’t have an LV store near me and ordered it online.

Do you have a picture?
If I were you I would try another store..
Here are the pictures of my defects with the bag. I am so disappointed in how my bag has held up

Attachments

• E0B46F05-B7BC-407C-95CC-F5352FF5E0E2.jpeg
    E0B46F05-B7BC-407C-95CC-F5352FF5E0E2.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 610
  • 36E93012-7DEB-40D5-86B4-83CFE51FBE43.jpeg
    36E93012-7DEB-40D5-86B4-83CFE51FBE43.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 606
  • 2AC88A6C-90DE-4F4C-BC55-7AD3FB29DC3B.jpeg
    2AC88A6C-90DE-4F4C-BC55-7AD3FB29DC3B.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 608
I had the same thing happen to mine plus more. Bought it in 2017 upon initial release of bag. I posted my defects below. Don’t live near a store and not sure what to do. I ordered mine online.

I also have little cracks/holes in two of the corners at the bottom of my Tuileries Hobo. It is absolutely not from how I treat it. I don’t even set it on the floor let alone hit walls or anything else with it. My purse is in perfect condition otherwise. As you can see from the 2nd photo the bottom of my purse is flawless. I am furious! 84F013AD-C0F1-4527-948D-E234B78408C3.jpeg1B2797B6-C4B2-48FA-8004-BE587692C41E.jpeg77CF50FD-A6F0-44C4-B52E-D664D104B6AF.jpeg

I just posted pictures of mine at the end of this thread. Have you had any luck with LV?