Saint Laurent YSL Niki Bag

:biggrin:
Great words of wisdom - I totally agree! I also think with this bag in particular size matters a lot! :smile: I don’t know what size you have but to me the larger size does look like a brief case of sorts. I’ve ordered the small in black and will have to give it the “wardrobe” test once it arrives!

Totally agree! I’ve worn mine with jeans and boots...and dressed up for work...it looks awesome with everything! Also, using it cross body gives it a completely different look.

:biggrin:
Great words of wisdom - I totally agree! I also think with this bag in particular size matters a lot! :smile: I don’t know what size you have but to me the larger size does look like a brief case of sorts. I’ve ordered the small in black and will have to give it the “wardrobe” test once it arrives!

I ordered the medium size. I think I was looking to wear this as a crossbody and it can be done, but the strap is a bit shorter than the other bags.

I received my bag and I have to be honest, I am on the fence as to whether to keep it or not. It is a beautiful bag but also looks a bit like a school bag or small brief case to me. Any thoughts or opinions? View attachment 3991414

Hi! Congrats on your beautiful bag! I think if you are on the fence, you should probably return it. These bags are expensive and I feel like you should be in love and super smiley about owning it. Obviously, that’s just my opinion, but if your not 97% satisfied then you should put the money towards a bag you will look forward to using [emoji164][emoji164]

Reactions: Designerhbgirl
I got the larger size in black tulip (exactly as in the pic below)
saint-laurent-taschen-new-season-tasche-large-niki-monogram-black-tulip-1493063401512_grande.jpgAs I plan to primarily wear it single strap, I find it most most chic when when the strap is pulled long from the front as in these pics
D7CB789B-D77D-47B4-9F0D-A42C383B70E0.jpeg 9EE2BD55-E6EA-4647-9665-67E2A15E9E2C.jpeg
...than when it's pulled long from the back which makes it look more boxy and less flatteringBE0F2D9D-B1C6-4E85-8DD0-9240245FC131.jpeg
Since I plan to wear it single strap my main concern was that it still feel comfortable on the shoulder when filled to some extent (as I ended up selling a similar color, size and style Chanel elastic maxi years ago that I otherwise loved as it was very uncomfortable in this manner). Since this one has the leather at the top of the strap (as opposed to all chain), I'm hoping that resolve any comfort issues.

Otherwise, I absolutely love the black tulip color...and even picked up a quilted Lou camera bag in the same color!

I got the larger size in black tulip (exactly as in the pic below)
View attachment 3991602As I plan to primarily wear it single strap, I find it most most chic when when the strap is pulled long from the front as in these pics
View attachment 3991605 View attachment 3991606
...than when it's pulled long from the back which makes it look more boxy and less flatteringView attachment 3991613
Since I plan to wear it single strap my main concern was that it still feel comfortable on the shoulder when filled to some extent (as I ended up selling a similar color, size and style Chanel elastic maxi years ago that I otherwise loved as it was very uncomfortable in this manner). Since this one has the leather at the top of the strap (as opposed to all chain), I'm hoping that resolve any comfort issues.

Otherwise, I absolutely love the black tulip color...and even picked up a quilted Lou camera bag in the same color!
The black tulip color is just beautiful! Congrats on scoring two bags in this cool color :flowers:

The black tulip color is just beautiful! Congrats on scoring two bags in this cool color :flowers:
Thanks!

By the way, Farfetch currently has one more of the black tulip Niki:

https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/w...hollywood-bag-item-12706812.aspx?storeid=9910

Their pics (and mislabeling) are not doing the bag any favors though. I wavered on the bag for days before I finally googled the YSL style code and color and came across the listing on the Anita Hass site that better depicts it.

However, I did order from the same Farfetch listing. Mine came from a different boutique in Germany....the one currently available looks like it's coming from Spain.

Thanks!

https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/w...hollywood-bag-item-12706812.aspx?storeid=9910

Their pics (and mislabeling) are not doing the bag any favors though. I wavered on the bag for days before I finally googled the YSL style code and color and came across the listing on the Anita Hass site that better depicts it.

However, I did order from the same Farfetch listing. Mine came from a different boutique in Germany....the one currently available looks like it's coming from Spain.
Wow, it’s totally mislabeled! How strange and definitely not doing it any favors! Hopefully a fellow tpf member who is in the market for this bag/color combo will see your post and be able to get one of these lovelies :smile:

Thanks!

Farfetch is notorious for all sorts of labeling snafus. Makes it hard to work out exactly what they're selling sometimes. A small is labeled a medium, the medium is also labeled a medium, the large won't have any designation at all. It can take some patience.

For those who have this or another crinkly calf skin- how well does it hold up? It seems a bit tissue paper like. I want to have this as an everyday bag not have to really baby it

For those who have this or another crinkly calf skin- how well does it hold up? It seems a bit tissue paper like. I want to have this as an everyday bag not have to really baby it
It believe it's the vintage look that perhaps makes you think it's tissue paper like, but the leather on the bag actually has a nice thickness.

I took mine out for the first time today, I don't see any reason why I'd have to baby it. Granted, I won't technically be wearing it everyday, as I have a variety of bags I rotate given what I'm wearing or carrying, but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be used everyday without issue.

Reactions: Luv2Shop1
I’ve attached some real life reference pics of the large Niki in black tulip if anyone’s interested.

Front: love the vintage look of the leather and how the YSL logo blends infront.jpg
Back pocket: big enough to fit a larger IPAD; also has hidden magnets at the top to secure the smaller items you may place in thereback.jpg

Interior: has two compartments-(i) a large back compartment that will fit up to a 12 in laptop (the one pictured is 11 inch…but I also tried a 12 inch); that compartment also has two pockets, a large zippered pocket at the back and a smaller slit/open pocket in the front and (ii) a smaller nice sized front compartment.interior.jpg empty.jpg

Overall a very nice bag for the price. I usually avoid paying retail, but this one seems to pack a lot of bang for the buck given its size and functionality (so paying retail is more justifiable for me than say a medium College/Kate which are around the same price but much smaller). There also seems to be limited availability for this style given the high demand….so who knows if they’ll even still be available come sale season

It believe it's the vintage look that perhaps makes you think it's tissue paper like, but the leather on the bag actually has a nice thickness.

I took mine out for the first time today, I don't see any reason why I'd have to baby it. Granted, I won't technically be wearing it everyday, as I have a variety of bags I rotate given what I'm wearing or carrying, but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be used everyday without issue.

I do have a lot of other bags to rotate in but I tend to have one that is the more day to day use. It ripples the top layer. Is yours like that?

I’ve attached some real life reference pics of the large Niki in black tulip if anyone’s interested.

Front: love the vintage look of the leather and how the YSL logo blends inView attachment 3993825
Back pocket: big enough to fit a larger IPAD; also has hidden magnets at the top to secure the smaller items you may place in thereView attachment 3993826

Interior: has two compartments-(i) a large back compartment that will fit up to a 12 in laptop (the one pictured is 11 inch…but I also tried a 12 inch); that compartment also has two pockets, a large zippered pocket at the back and a smaller slit/open pocket in the front and (ii) a smaller nice sized front compartment.View attachment 3993828 View attachment 3993829

Overall a very nice bag for the price. I usually avoid paying retail, but this one seems to pack a lot of bang for the buck given its size and functionality (so paying retail is more justifiable for me than say a medium College/Kate which are around the same price but much smaller). There also seems to be limited availability for this style given the high demand….so who knows if they’ll even still be available come sale season

The BLACK TULIP is a gorgeous alternative to BLACK! Congrats on your gorgeous new bag. I’m considering this, but will try to see one IRL before purchasing. [emoji171][emoji171]

Reactions: highend