Diamond Studs

"They have screw-on backs, so there is little chance of losing them."
I lost 1 of my 1st pair of diamond studs. Screw backs. Bought 2nd pair but larger diamonds. Lost 1 of them too. Screw backs. I still love, love diamond studs but too nervous to buy another pair. Except.... I googled a bit and read abt using cheap, clear, plastic cylinder-shaped backs. Bought box at Walmart and have worn a set with pearl studs for couple of months 24/7. Haven't moved an iota. They are so snug that I couldn't see their holes to insert posts. So I just jabbed at the area a hole ought to be and the back magically mounted the post. I assume they're sold by the box bc one ought to use new pair everytime different earrings are inserted into ear holes? p.s. 2nd pair of stud's screw backs were custom and jeweler had ck'd and cleaned the earrings 4 days b4 I lost the 1. Dangit.
Omg...THANKS for this post... Vday gift was studs with screw back... I will be looking for the cylinder shaped backs... do you have a brand name or pic so I know what to look or ask for?

I wear mine 24/7 and also lost a screwback stud fairly early before I realized I need to tighten them frequently. I think they're worth it. I've thought about getting bigger ones, but I'm not tempted by other earrings anymore.

Reactions: MamaSleepy
Omg...THANKS for this post... Vday gift was studs with screw back... I will be looking for the cylinder shaped backs... do you have a brand name or pic so I know what to look or ask for?
I'm sorry but I don't know the brand, etc. I poured them into a different container and discarded all packaging. BUT I can tell you I found them in the jewelry dept at Walmart. I had to ask for assistance as I wasn't familiar . . . you may wish to do the same?

I'm sorry but I don't know the brand, etc. I poured them into a different container and discarded all packaging. BUT I can tell you I found them in the jewelry dept at Walmart. I had to ask for assistance as I wasn't familiar . . . you may wish to do the same?
Thanks,... after reading your post, I asked my GF if she had any problems... screw backs on her setting and lost one stud.... the one stud was 1.5 ct. after checking with a few jewelers she said she changed to the regular posts but bigger posts which she found stays in place better.... with that said, I’ll changing the setting and will still look for the cones you mentioned. Thanks for sharing your solution

Reactions: MamaSleepy
Thanks,... after reading your post, I asked my GF if she had any problems... screw backs on her setting and lost one stud.... the one stud was 1.5 ct. after checking with a few jewelers she said she changed to the regular posts but bigger posts which she found stays in place better.... with that said, I’ll changing the setting and will still look for the cones you mentioned. Thanks for sharing your solution
Minor miracle, BlackMonster! I believe I discovered info regarding the earring backs I found at Walmart. Bc this appear to be universal, they likely are sold at Michaels, Target, etc.

"AMERICAN CLASSICS-Bijoux Beading & Jewelry: Tube Earring Stoppers. This package contains 180 3.5mm wide rubber earring stoppers."
shopping.jpeg

DE3D2431-65C7-4A5B-B1DE-6F77285C5432.jpeg
Minor miracle, BlackMonster! I believe I discovered info regarding the earring backs I found at Walmart. Bc this appear to be universal, they likely are sold at Michaels, Target, etc.

"AMERICAN CLASSICS-Bijoux Beading & Jewelry: Tube Earring Stoppers. This package contains 180 3.5mm wide rubber earring stoppers."
View attachment 3985719
THANKS I bought some today... my studs were mailed back a few days ago.. had the setting changed to platinum (metal allergies) and changed to regular prong from screwbacks. I WAS worried abt wearing