Lou Lou backpack, anyone?

Hi hun, I don't know if this is actually gonna help, but I hope it does...

I tried it at the store a couple of months agos. It is simply stunning, however, it was just too small for my needs (it didn't fit my iPad Pro, for example.) I ended up going for the Sac de jour backpack and although I haven't unboxed it, I love it.

I think that if you want to go for a tiny backpack, then the LouLou is just the one for you, but if you need to fit more stuff into it, then I would say take a look at the SDJ. They are different, but both are really sleek, edgy and elegant at the same time.

Oh, and by the way, you should also take a look at the complete LouLou line. It is simply stunning.

I'm currently eyeing on small size lou lou backpack and wondering if anyone who owns one can share their experience with this bag. TIA!

The SL LouLou backpack is one of the main reasons I decided to finally join TPF... I've scoured the internet, and CANNOT find any reviews or unboxings...etc. of this bag! I just came across the medium (largest size; https://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product...r_cod45336028kf.html#dept=women_bags_view_all) in black a few days ago and snapped it up. I spoke to several staff at the Saint Laurent boutique, Neiman's and Saks and they said, in order, that 1) the backpacks are sent out in limited quantities and they go fast; 2) they don't carry the backpacks, and 3) they only carry a few of the small size but the chain bags are the ones flying off the shelves. I don't like to have what everyone else has, so that doesn't really bother me. I'm also the wierdo who likes to take bags home and keep the tags for a few days to see how I feel about it after a little bit before deciding to keep it. I haven't decided 100% if I'm going to keep it yet, but I'm very nearly there. It's got the same retail price and interior capacity as the medium LouLou Chain bag (https://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product...r_cod45368425qt.html#dept=women_bags_view_all).

The leather seems fantastic - very durable and easy to clean. This is my first backpack; I'm usually a carryall girl (my favorite bag is my medium Givenchy Nightingale; almost all my bags are a large two handle tote), which is the main reason why I'm hesitant. I looked at the Chanel backpacks (I'm not a fan of chain straps) and Gucci Marmont backpacks - they are all very similar/reminiscent of each other. The Gucci Marmont line has a retro feel that doesn't suit me (maybe it's the brass hardware), and the Chanel backpacks seem more feminine (or perhaps "ladylike"? ha!) then my style. I like how the SL LouLou backpacks (the entire LouLou line, really) have a tougher, minimal French tomboy edge to them. Also love the hidden "Y" in the matelasse stitching. My only other YSL bag is a brown Easy, so these two kind of match... I just think it's so subtle and clever.

So... long story short, I'm probably going to keep it. I'm short and busty, and avoided backpacks not for school out of fear they would add bulk to my frame in the wrong way, but I think the structured simplicity of this bag and the fact that it lays flat on my back no matter what hole I use for the straps helps alot.

Sorry to throw up all over this thread, but this is the ONLY mention of the LouLou backpack on this site! I've been sadly relegated to reading/watching info on the LouLou chain bags to get an idea of how the leather will age, but hopefully some more people drop their 2 cents soon... I'll definitely share more if it gets permanently added to my closet.

BELOW: The LouLou medium backpack I bought sitting in my living room...
20180314_121301.jpg

BELOW: Pic I took from my local Saint Laurent boutique...
20180314_171753.jpg

I'm wondering the same and would love to see mod shots?! can it be worn slung on shoulder with one strap or looks better on back with both straps?

Omg, I'm SO sorry how late my reply is! I went MIA after that last post! >_<

I'm attaching some terrible mod shots of me but hopefully decent ones of the bag... ;) This is the backpack stuffed with paper (the way I store it in the dustbag). This is also the bag after several weeks of constant, not super careful use (been in rain, worn to a very hot and sweaty, all-day dog rescue event) - I was definitely impressed. Impressed enough to go and pick up the Loulou medium flap a few weeks ago (also pictured).

Something to add for anyone else considering this bag - while mine was stuffed/put carefully away at home, I was behind a woman in line at a store who had the same bag. She had hers wide open, slung by one strap over one shoulder. I tried not to cringe too obviously - her bag was badly creased diagonally across the body, with the opening gaping it looked like the poor bag was throwing up. Everyone is fully within their rights to do what they want but if we're talking about longevity (and security - it would have been nothing for someone behind her to reach in and take something), I would NOT recommend carrying this bag by one strap/on one arm. In the pic below, I show how the straps are sewn on, carrying by one strap stresses one side of the strap and based on the shape and structure, it will stretch unevenly/warp and eventually tear... unless you carry only small, light things in your bag. It's nothing against the quality or design of the bag, just physics. I wouldn't wear Manolos out hiking... I might also be overly careful or maybe it's because I'm highly logical and my dad is an engineer but I'm also attaching a picture of how I arrange the straps in the dust bag. Hope all this helps anyone interested! :smile:

20190512_144114.jpg
20190512_144321.jpg

20190512_150701.jpg

20190512_150651.jpg
20190512_144736.jpg
20190512_144523.jpg

Reactions: kissowl