All things Fendi StrapYou.........

image.jpg Just as a follow-up, I'd like to report that the kinks in the Strap You did NOT fall out over time. I spoke with an SA at Barneys, and she said they've noticed that creasing sometimes does become permanent in the straps if they are folded and stored in relatively humid locations. I did manage to buy another one before they sold out. This one arrived coiled and not folded and looks just fine, so I'm returning the first one. Still, I'm scratching my head that anyone would think folding one of these up like an accordion for shipment or storage is a good idea...

Last edited:
View attachment 3905869 Just as a follow-up, I'd like to report that the kinks in the Strap You did NOT fall out over time. I spoke with an SA at Barneys, and she said they've noticed that creasing sometimes does become permanent in the straps if they are folded and stored in relatively humid locations. I did manage to buy another one before they sold out. This one arrived coiled and not folded and looks just fine, so I'm returning the first one. Still, I'm scratching my head that anyone would think folding one of these up like an accordion for shipment or storage is a good idea...
Some people don't take the time to think of what their packing practices may do to a leather good (or they just don't care). I've had a few experiences myself, and seen some horrifying pictures here on TPF showing dented/creased leather because of poor packing.

Beautiful strap, by the way.

Some people don't take the time to think of what their packing practices may do to a leather good (or they just don't care). I've had a few experiences myself, and seen some horrifying pictures here on TPF showing dented/creased leather because of poor packing.

Beautiful strap, by the way.

Thank you - I've been stalking it all season!

Reactions: averagejoe
IMG_9309.JPG

I bought this Strap You on-line. It was a great price (relatively speaking), and it was still in its foam sleeve when it arrived. Unfortunately, it had also been folded in thirds for shipment and now looks like this (and hangs off the bag in a sort of rectangular shape). This is the third Strap You I've received in this condition, and the second from Neiman Marcus. I was not successful in removing the creases from the first two and had to return them. I'm not feeling great about my chances, here. I don't know - I think I'm done trying to buy Fendi from Neiman Marcus...

View attachment 3924491

I bought this Strap You on-line. It was a great price (relatively speaking), and it was still in its foam sleeve when it arrived. Unfortunately, it had also been folded in thirds for shipment and now looks like this (and hangs off the bag in a sort of rectangular shape). This is the third Strap You I've received in this condition, and the second from Neiman Marcus. I was not successful in removing the creases from the first two and had to return them. I'm not feeling great about my chances, here. I don't know - I think I'm done trying to buy Fendi from Neiman Marcus...
The strap looks nice, and that's just from the side view! It doesn't look heavily folded. I think this one will fix itself beautifully if you hang it from a bar with a bag attached for a few days.

Reactions: melsig
The strap looks nice, and that's just from the side view! It doesn't look heavily folded. I think this one will fix itself beautifully if you hang it from a bar with a bag attached for a few days.

Ugh, I hope you're right, thanks - it was not as tightly folded as the other 2 straps. I have it hanging in the closet right now!

Hey guys i has the black strap which i dumbly sold and now bought the colorful flowerland blue background second hand. No receipt or dust bag. Having had the black flowerland strap this one looks very authentic but I’m not 100% sure. Took it to my nearest fendi store and they tell me bc they are privately owned they don’t authenticate and can’t help. Can i ask u guys to post 2 pictures please. Of the clasp where it says fendi and the logo. This one seems too shiny!! I even compared all the flower combos /spikes and all match up but ugh I’m stuck. If you can pls post some close up pictures i would greatly appreciate. [emoji4]

Hey guys i has the black strap which i dumbly sold and now bought the colorful flowerland blue background second hand. No receipt or dust bag. Having had the black flowerland strap this one looks very authentic but I’m not 100% sure. Took it to my nearest fendi store and they tell me bc they are privately owned they don’t authenticate and can’t help. Can i ask u guys to post 2 pictures please. Of the clasp where it says fendi and the logo. This one seems too shiny!! I even compared all the flower combos /spikes and all match up but ugh I’m stuck.

View attachment 3956196 View attachment 3956193 Well, I have the cream version not the blue but here are the pics! Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for posting. I usually have such a good eye for fakes but honestly this is a very good fake. All the colors match up and workmanship is very good. I’m stuck on these 2 details and now I’m thinking it’s not real. Take a look at my clasp. Do you see the tiny out before the turning part. Yours does not have it. Also the rotating clasp part on your has a bigger anchor than on mine. Third red flag is the lettering. Almost seems mis centered and font is a bit off. Maybe slightly too shiny /bold. IMG_9176.jpgIMG_9177.jpgIMG_9174.jpgIMG_9175.jpg

The only thing i can think of is perhaps they make them in 2 separate factories. I took screenshots of the strap being sold at fashionphile and it has the same workmanship as the one in my possession now. Take a look. IMG_9169.jpgIMG_9171.jpgIMG_9172.jpgIMG_9170.jpg

Reactions: melsig