Medium patent Tribute tote

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Hi everyone!

I purchased my first YSL today...the medium patent Tribute tote in black.

I'm a little undecided about it, so I wanted to know what you guys thought about it. I thought that the tote had more width or depth to it, but it's relatively flat. And, the patent leather is kind of stiff.

The picture of the tote from NM.com:

My camera is out of batteries, so I can't post my own pictures right now.

Hi SuLi! To be perfectly honest, it is not my favorite YSL bag. I prefer the Muse, Rive Gauche, or Downtown. The price is great, however. I think its about $865, right? It's just a bit plain for me. But hey, that's just my opinion. It's what you think that counts. And perhaps it is more attractive IRL. If you are looking for a simple tote, this fits the bill.

Fyi, the bag was featured in the February issue of Vogue; I started a thread about it a while back...

attachment.php

Thanks for the input. I keep looking at the Muse bags every time I'm in a store that has them, and they still don't do anything for me for some reason.

The Tribute tote is priced really well - the medium is at $795 and the larger one at $865. I think they are also doing non-patent leather versions.

I bought the tote from the Cusp store in Georgetown (opening weekend) and since I made a donation to the Youth AIDS foundation, I got 10% off the tote. Again, I'm still really undecided. I think I'm going to give myself a few more days to mull it over.

Thanks again!

I like this bag a lot--but I prefer the large size. I think it's a very chic bag. I've REALLY tried to like the Muse, but it's just a little too bulky for me. Anyways, I'm a huge fan of the Mombasa and really like how the Tribute has a slim profile like the Mombasa.

Suli, I love your bag! I also love the patent leather! Congratulations!

But you do have to feel comfortable with your bag, so let us know what you decide!

I just noticed on the Bergdorf website that the Tribute tote comes in leopard print hair-calf, for all you animal-print lovers out there. :rochard: But it's already on back order!

attachment.php

Attachments

• BG Tribute leopard.jpg
    BG Tribute leopard.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 4,163
I just ordered the large Tribute in white (or maybe they call it ivory) patent.

I'm new to YSL, but the shape and the white patent really appeals to me. I'm having it sent next day from Bergdorf's, but since this is a weekend they probably won't ship it out until Monday.