First Chanel: Classic Flap or Boy?

Hope you get the call soon, if you can try ghw and shw and don't hesitate to try both the classic and boy again to be 100%sure. My vote is for Classic - I have both but like others once I got my classics I felt I was covered, thus purchases after this could be fun and seasonal. Good luck!

i was debating between the boy or the m/l flap when i got my first chanel. I got the classic flap but now i'm thinking i should've gotten the boy first. I'm from Canada so price wise, i save more on the ML flap in the states than getting a boy. and idk i always had my eyes on the classic and i find the boy strap too long as a shoulder bag. But vegas has the most option there and since boys are seasonal, i would've had a higher chance finding an old medium boy in black caviar with GHW..... :sad: and classics, i can always get that whenever and there's a lot in the preloved market while finding the perfect boy in the colour combo you want is hard.

Is it too much to get a boy in black caviar ghw too? ;P or maybe i should go for another combo ? (navy with ghw?) thoughts?

:sad: eventually i'll want both in my collection but for now i cannot spare another 7k on a bag :P but now i miss the crossbody option too.

I also got the classic flap first before the boy but I found I already use my boy way more than the classic. I got it in navy caviar with gold hardware, but you can’t go wrong with black!

ATIMG_6785.jpg

Reactions: Fashion412
Yea it is from the 17A collection. I actually don’t have many mod shots but here the picture of me trying it on in the boutique.

View attachment 3950176

Omg i actually think i like the navy better than black. It's not as boring and it'll be different from my ML flap. it's so nice! makes my heart skip a beat. I wonder if they will release one like that again :$ but even if they do it'll be impossible to get my hands on one in canada. i think you helped me decide not not getting a black boy ahhaa

Also do you mind explaining like the different abbreviations of the collections like 17 a b, p, c etc and when they come out :P I remember someone explained it somewhere but i can;t seem to find it

Omg i actually think i like the navy better than black. It's not as boring and it'll be different from my ML flap. it's so nice! makes my heart skip a beat. I wonder if they will release one like that again :$ but even if they do it'll be impossible to get my hands on one in canada. i think you helped me decide not not getting a black boy ahhaa

Also do you mind explaining like the different abbreviations of the collections like 17 a b, p, c etc and when they come out :P I remember someone explained it somewhere but i can;t seem to find it

Haha glad I could help.

I actually am not really sure about the abbreviations. I think A is prefall, B is fall, C is cruise, and P is spring. But don’t quote me in that lol.

Yea it is from the 17A collection. I actually don’t have many mod shots but here the picture of me trying it on in the boutique.

View attachment 3950176

omgosh i just called my local chanel boutique & they have this navy boy in stock & only one left. it looks like the one you have ! i’m not sure if he hardware is different but i think i may have found the perf boy bag :$ even though it’s 1.3k more expensive here than in hong kong... should i pull the trigger ??

they also have the black caviar ghw in stock IMG_1517250241.536661.jpgIMG_1517250284.529682.jpg