Cammeo or Nero in this Matelasse Clutch/Crossbody?

Which Matelasse color to pick?

• Cammeo (beige/nude)

• Nero (black)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 11, 2011
Hi all,

I have fallen in love with this bag but am having a hard time choosing a color! Both are neutral so should be easy matching with outfits, etc. Obviously, black will be super easy to maintain... But the beige (Cammeo) is also really nice... I am mainly concerned with durability. Anyone have any concerns with light coloured matelasse? Also, does anyone find that the Cammeo is limited to spring/summer or would all-year round use be okay as well?

I have attached 2 photos of the Cammeo (in different lighting) and 1 of the black.

Any suggestions/input are appreciated!

Thank you :smile:
image1.JPG image2.JPG image6.JPG

Reactions: dotty8 and taho
I had a black Miu Miu coffer, I really liked it and used it for a few months. But I remember regretting not getting the blush color instead. If you already have another black bag, I would go for the Beige. I find it so refreshing to see a bright pop of color in my bag collection. I tend to wear a lot of cool neutrals (black, grey, etc), so I'd definitely recommend a warm color if you dress that way, too.

I had a black Miu Miu coffer, I really liked it and used it for a few months. But I remember regretting not getting the blush color instead. If you already have another black bag, I would go for the Beige. I find it so refreshing to see a bright pop of color in my bag collection. I tend to wear a lot of cool neutrals (black, grey, etc), so I'd definitely recommend a warm color if you dress that way, too.

I vote for blush! much easier to match to different colors (more seasons!). Black comes across more serious?

Thank you taho and DYH for your responses! They are very helpful. I also am leaning towards the Cammeo (beige/blush). Main thing I am concerned about is upkeep of the lighter colored leather.

Reactions: DYH and taho
Thank you taho and DYH for your responses! They are very helpful. I also am leaning towards the Cammeo (beige/blush). Main thing I am concerned about is upkeep of the lighter colored leather.
my experience with light color leather bags is that you really have to abuse it to get it super dirty. Use it with caution - don't put it on the floor, don't get pen mark on it, don't wear it on raining days, put it back into the dust bag when you are done - it should last you quite a while..

my experience with light color leather bags is that you really have to abuse it to get it super dirty. Use it with caution - don't put it on the floor, don't get pen mark on it, don't wear it on raining days, put it back into the dust bag when you are done - it should last you quite a while..

Thanks DYH! Unfortunately I live in a city where it rains (almost) constantly. But I think I am still going to choose the Cammeo! Seems to be a bit more unique than just black :smile: Thank you for your input!!

I have both blush and black Miu miu bags and love both options, but for this style I prefer the Cammeo colour as the matelasee quilting is more visible :smile::heart:

I prefer the black one. It's already textured for visual interest, and the black makes it an every situation bag.

Thank you dotty8 and Icing_Time for your input :smile: I will be ordering this week and can't wait to share it with you when it arrives!

Reactions: dotty8