Scarves The Hermès Spring Summer 2018 Scarves

View attachment 3932799 View attachment 3932798 Hi everyone! I was told that my local Hermès store will be receiving shipments of the Grand Prix du Faubourg soon. For anyone out there interested in this design, besides the lilac/purple one which I love, which of these two do you prefer and why? And has anyone either seen them IRL or purchased either? First one is CW4 and the second is CW8

Hi Fifi, I’ve seen these CWs IRL. Both are beautiful of course, but my preference goes to the first CW, 04. They used some gorgeous and unusual colours for that one that really pop, I particularly loved the peachy colour (not the right description but can’t come up with a more fitting one) and the colour of the hem is fantastic! In my opinion, these fun colours go really well with Ugo’s whimsical design.
Good luck deciding, looking forward to more pics from you! :flowers:

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
Hi Fifi, I’ve seen these CWs IRL. Both are beautiful of course, but my preference goes to the first CW, 04. They used some gorgeous and unusual colours for that one that really pop, I particularly loved the peachy colour (not the right description but can’t come up with a more fitting one) and the colour of the hem is fantastic! In my opinion, these fun colours go really well with Ugo’s whimsical design.
Good luck deciding, looking forward to more pics from you! :flowers:
Thank you for your much valued opinion and input, Angelian! I so appreciate it. And, even though the H stock picture quality is so poor, I could tell that I would love the peachy salmon of the first one, as you stated. Are you interested in purchasing any CW of this design? I wonder which would be a better choice for me. I would hate to go with whichever comes in first and making a mistake since I plan to purchase only one CW.

Reactions: Angelian
View attachment 3932586 View attachment 3932585 View attachment 3932584 View attachment 3932583 View attachment 3932582 View attachment 3932581 View attachment 3932580 Here are some modeling pics with better tops. Notice the edges in the first two pics. Depending on how it’s tied, you either get the combo of blues or the deep grey. In the first pics I wore blue, then I switched to a black top, but the light had changed a bit because it suddenly got pretty stormy. I can only imagine how beautiful it will be against grey. I am delighted with this scarf. The colors are amazing and pictures don’t do it justice. Plus, the historical reference makes it all that more significant. It ties like a dream

Love the different ways you’ve tied this fifi!

View attachment 3932799 View attachment 3932798 Hi everyone! I was told that my local Hermès store will be receiving shipments of the Grand Prix du Faubourg soon. For anyone out there interested in this design, besides the lilac/purple one which I love, which of these two do you prefer and why? And has anyone either seen them IRL or purchased either? First one is CW4 and the second is CW8
I was drawn to the all-blue cw and cw 08. What swayed me was the bit of balance of other colours, like cream, with the blues in cw08 (I already have a handful of mostly blue scarves!). That and the fact that Ugo Gattoni said 08 was his favourite H cw for this design. :cool:

I was drawn to the all-blue cw and cw 08. What swayed me was the bit of balance of other colours, like cream, with the blues in cw08 (I already have a handful of mostly blue scarves!). That and the fact that Ugo Gattoni said 08 was his favourite H cw for this design. :cool:
Aha! I didn’t know this about Ugo Gattoni! Definitely an important fact to consider! And CW8 was the one chosen for the Christmas cards, right? That orange sky is amazing! Dying to see them all IRL

Reactions: lanit and litchi
I doubt it. My local Hermes is being super weird this season and styles are trickling in way too slowly. I’m getting impatient and looking to order elsewhere.
I did wonder why scarves and shawls are slow to come into H boutiques. I was thinking shouldn't we have had a lot of reveals by now? Maybe many are still finalising their wishlists.

Wishing you H magic that the scarves you're waiting for arrive at the same time, fifi!

It is gorgeous, lanit! And you wear it so well! I am torn between CW8 and CW4. Did you get a chance to see both before making your decision? If so, how would you describe each?
Fifi, I have not tried on the lilac, nor colorway 04. But i felt an affinity for 08 even thpugh I have UGs Les Bains mens silk last season in the aqua blue. The orange sky just really popped on me and both t8mes I tried it on my outifts were different and the SAs all complimented me on its suitabilty, my work is with a lot of architects and designers and this version seems to feel more architectural if that helps. It is a really fun silk design, lots of energy and whimsical! Look forward to your decision!