Color transfer on Dune drummed leather

anntt

Feb 12, 2015
Hi everyone! I've been so in love with my Nano in Dune, drummed leather. The only thing is that it is prone to color transfer when I wear jeans and darker clothing. It already happened and it worries me every time I want to carry it. Do you know of any leather cleaner/treatment that can remove the color transfer and also condition the leather? Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! I've been so in love with my Nano in Dune, drummed leather. The only thing is that it is prone to color transfer when I wear jeans and darker clothing. It already happened and it worries me every time I want to carry it. Do you know of any leather cleaner/treatment that can remove the color transfer and also condition the leather? Thanks in advance!

IMG_1515704791.628448.jpg

I use these wipes and think they’re great but I do tend to treat any transfer quickly.

I wear black jeans all autumn and winter but I treat the jeans as opposed to the bag. I soak them in a large bowl of cold water with a small bottle of white vinegar for half hour or longer. Then I place them in the washing machine for a cold wash without detergent. This seals the colour and it works on my jeans. Also I never use heat or detergent when laundering my jeans and I get no fading or loss of elasticity.

View attachment 3931606

I use these wipes and think they’re great but I do tend to treat any transfer quickly.

I wear black jeans all autumn and winter but I treat the jeans as opposed to the bag. I soak them in a large bowl of cold water with a small bottle of white vinegar for half hour or longer. Then I place them in the washing machine for a cold wash without detergent. This seals the colour and it works on my jeans. Also I never use heat or detergent when laundering my jeans and I get no fading or loss of elasticity.
:clap: :tup:Super helpful post...you are so smart my sweetest BC!!!

Reactions: BlueCherry
View attachment 3931606

Do you do the vinegar wash just once when the jeans are new, or periodically do it again?

Apple leather conditioner is pretty good at getting color transfer off. I just put some on a rag and rub it as if I were lotioning my legs.

Reactions: MAGJES and highend
I have several products I use on my Dune bag but the secret is to clean it sooner rather than later. Thank goodness the Dune leather bags are drummed and easy to address imo. I LOVE Dune btw. :heart: