Make-up bag as clutch

Janinevs

O.G.
Feb 4, 2007
I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if it's tacky to use a make-up bag as a clutch. I really love the magnolia pink woven leather and I found a make-up bag on ebay (I posted the link on authenticate this thread). Anyway, I wouldn't want to hide this gorgeous piece in my handbag. Would it be weird to use it as a clutch?:confused1:

I think it would be perfectly fine. I think the BV clutch is gorgeous, but I like to carry more in the evening than I think it would be able to fit so a makeup bag which could be larger seems like a good alternative.

I think its fine. I have this cosmetic case that I use as a clutch. Some places call it a clutch others a cosmetic case. As long as its big enough you could use it
however you like.

fr.jpg

I think its fine. I have this cosmetic case that I use as a clutch. Some places call it a clutch others a cosmetic case. As long as its big enough you could use it
however you like.

^^I love this little bag. Do you find that it's big enough (length wise) to carry? I think it's about 6", is that correct?

I don`t mind women wearing a cosmetic bag as a clutch, even more since BV cosmetic bags don`t look as if you`re schlepping your tooth brush in them anyways ;o)

Marly, I may be wrong and that bagsforme`s clutch comes in different sizes, but there is a picture of it in the SS catalogue, page 85, and in comparison to the Sloane it doesn`t look so small...

^^NAP has gold in the larger size which measures 9.5". Mine is the smaller size. I measured it more like 7.5" x 4.5 x 3. Bluefly has it as 6" and NAP measures it 7. Its big enough for an evening bag.

Janinevs - I think the one you posted in the auth thread is authentic. You should check out Bluefly.com. They have several BV cosmetic bags.

Think it's totally perfect to double the use of this makeup bag as a clutch! Especially if it justifies the purchase ;)

I don't think there is any problem with carrying it as a clutch.

of course...then you'll need and excuse to get another clutch....and the cycle begins!:tup:

You enabler you! :P

We gave that bag away, and I had tried it on. It fit perfectly in my hand and was still a good size. I say go for it!

To me, this is more of a clutch than a makeup case due to the flap and lack of zippers. I'm hoping to get this clutch in ferro. I plan to use it to hold my cell phone, lipstick, card case within my campana for everyday use, then be able to pull it out and use as a clutch for evening without shifting too many things around.