Merry Christmas - or: Happy Holidays?

That reminds me: On the 7th of January I might be in Baden-Baden to visit the Russian-Orthodox Church there and take part in the Christmas service there. Russian Orthodox church services are very solemn and impressive!

*sing*
"Gospodi pomilui!"
And...back to topic, thanks OP! :tup:

Let us know about it!

Reactions: clu13
You think you know everything . You try to be condescending when you can't win a discussion. Poor thing likes to bully women while hiding behind a computer screen. LOL

:lol:
I condescend to ANYONE who intentionally ignores facts and acts like a child when confronted with an opposing opinion.
I Couldn't careless if you're a man or woman. If you can't accept reality and continue to spout lies, I'm going to talk down to you no matter what gender/sex/race/religion you are...and I'll do it right to your face. :smile:
If you're gonna try to bully me (don't worry...the irony wasn't lost on me), at least use accurate accusations!

Reactions: redney
Do I really have to wait another 345 days to wish everyone Happy Holidays again? le sigh :hrmm:

As an ambassador of the Happy Holidays Association (Ha.H.A.)...you're only allowed to wish someone Happy Holidays during the Christmas season and only when you're trying to "take Christ out of Christmas". The official start date is now the day after Halloween.

I've heard of Greek Orthodox but not Russian Greek what a cool mix! So is your Christmas on the 7th the similar in celebration to the 25th?

Due to difficulties with sticking to the old calendar, most celebrate on 12/25 but here are services and usually families will have a small gathering. When I was younger, I always got a small present on 1/7. Easter, on the other hand, is strictly based upon the Julian calendar. This was sometimes an issue when I was a kid because it could weeks after the Gregorian calendar. There were many years when all the Easter egg dying kits impossible to buy as well as the candy. We had one chocolatier who was Orthodox in town, but he made very dark chocolates. My mom always bought me these expensive beautiful hand made chocolates that I despised - because i was a kid and dark chocolate is an acquired taste that most 7 year olds lack! I still tease her about the Easters with terrible candy and the stench of vinegar (food coloring and vinegar since all the Paas glitter kits were long gone). Then add the weird foods and the extremely strict fasting rules! Although not Greek, I really identify with my big fat Greek wedding.

Reactions: AlyceG