Gabrielle bag, anyone one else feel the same way I do?

Steph5487

Apr 5, 2017
Good Evening Chanel Lovers! I was just curious am I the only who doesn’t like the Gabrielle bag? I like the look of it, but every time I try it on I hate it on myself. I absolutely love the mixed hardware and think the concept is really good but maybe think it’s too young for me?

I don't care for it at all. :sick: I don't like the squarish bucket shape, the soft top section creases unattractively when worn and the hard bottom seems cheap. I'd love a great casual Chanel option but, I can't find anything good to say about the Gabrielle. It's not as bad as the Girl bag :whut: but, it's a no go for me.

That being said, I don't know that it matters. LOL! Brands put out different styles to appeal to different portions of their target demographic. (Classic Flap v Boy v Gabriel v Reissue v Tote v Etc. Everyone has their favorite style and that works! (@Steph5487 - I don't think any one thing is young or old. It's really about styling items to fit your look.)

The Gabriel seems to be doing pretty well so, it will be around for at least a couple more years. And, I can happily pretend during that time that it doesn't exist. :lol:

I find the design really cute and like the multiple chain look! The clutch on chain size and design really appeal to me, and I like the open pocket to fit my mobile phone. However, the leather seems flimsier than the regular quilted pieces and so for that reason I haven't pulled the trigger.

With the price increase, I'm finding it hard to justify buying new Chanel pieces overall and might instead look for this on the pre-loved market.

I’m enjoying it...to me, its chanel, but not in your face..I like to carry it casually so as not to be flashy..
I love the distressed leather and feel like i can enjoy it without buying the reissue....and i love the multi colored chains, even tho at first i was questionable about them....

Its not as structured as my classics, but that’s ok!

Same here. I tried it for the first time the other day and just could not see why it's so popular. The shape is odd once it's on. It looks modern and fun in photos but IRL it did not wow me at all.

Completely agree! I loved it on someone else but did not like it IRL its kinda like the perfume at first I liked the smell but after awhile I prefer my other Chanel perfumes

I don't care for it at all. :sick: I don't like the squarish bucket shape, the soft top section creases unattractively when worn and the hard bottom seems cheap. I'd love a great casual Chanel option but, I can't find anything good to say about the Gabrielle. It's not as bad as the Girl bag :whut: but, it's a no go for me.

That being said, I don't know that it matters. LOL! Brands put out different styles to appeal to different portions of their target demographic. (Classic Flap v Boy v Gabriel v Reissue v Tote v Etc. Everyone has their favorite style and that works! (@Steph5487 - I don't think any one thing is young or old. It's really about styling items to fit your look.)

The Gabriel seems to be doing pretty well so, it will be around for at least a couple more years. And, I can happily pretend during that time that it doesn't exist. :lol:

I completely agree with you! And it just feels almost youthful to me, totally not my style.

Reactions: Sparkletastic