What do you prefer cats or dogs ?

What do you prefer cats or dogs ?

• cats

• dogs

Results are only viewable after voting.
haha, this reminds me of the scene in Meet the Parents...

Jack: Greg how come you don't like cats?
Greg: I do like cats, I just prefer dogs...
Jack: So you prefer an emotionally shallow animal? See, Greg, if you yell at a dog, his ears will go down and his tail will cover his genitals even if he's done nothing wrong. It's very easy to break a dog. But cats make you work for their affection. Cats don't sell out like dogs do.

:lol:

Anyhow, that being said, I'm still a dog person.

i have had both cats and dogs .... and altho i love them both.... dogs have a special place in my heart.... all of the dogs that i have ever had are friendly and always want to play with me... while cats.... being solitary animals... just kinda ignore me
someone said to me once when I was little that "cats love their house while dogs love their masters/owners/parents.... "

haha, this reminds me of the scene in Meet the Parents...

Jack: Greg how come you don't like cats?
Greg: I do like cats, I just prefer dogs...
Jack: So you prefer an emotionally shallow animal? See, Greg, if you yell at a dog, his ears will go down and his tail will cover his genitals even if he's done nothing wrong. It's very easy to break a dog. But cats make you work for their affection. Cats don't sell out like dogs do.

:lol:

Anyhow, that being said, I'm still a dog person.

Haha, I agree. I am a dog person. I love how all the dogs I have ever had, run to the door to see you and it makes me fall in love with them more and more.

We have 8 cats and 1 dog and I have to say...I much prefer cats. My cats are actually quite affectionate, they are lined up at the door to greet me when I come home, they follow me around the house, they sleep with me (not all 8 at once thank goodness!), they talk to me, they love me! Yet they are fine on their own and require much less supervision than a dog.

I love our dog too but she is still a puppy and therefore A LOT of work. I'm just not used to it! When she's in the house she simply can't be left alone for more than 15-20 minutes or she'll potty inside or get into something she's not supposed to. It's frustrating for a cat person.

I am a huge animal lover and therefore love dogs but prefer to have cats and do have two. My cats are extremely affectionate and one follows me wherever I go so far as if I get up from the couch and move to the loveseat, he moves from the couch to the loveseat. They both meet me at the door when I come in.

Cats are much less work than dogs - incredibly simple to litter train and you can leave them alone for longer periods than you can leave dogs. My lifestyle does not suit dogs.

Though not really true, I love this saying:

You call a dog, he comes.

You call a cat, she takes a message and gets back to you.

I love them both equally so I couldn't vote. Right now, we have a cat because our lifestyle is much more conducive for a cat (lower maintenance animal). If my lifestyle changes and can accomodate a dog, I would get one in a heartbeat! An English Bulldog puppy to be exact! LOL!