Knot Knot : Clutch Here!

Sbelle, nice to see you. I can’t speak about the X but I know I have to wedge my regular 6 into my knot and the last time I needed a butter knife to pry it out.

Made me laugh! I thought the 6 wasn't an easy fit! I think the X will be even a little worse because it is slightly bigger.

I was told by an BV SA that the new knots with the chains were an attempt to give people with larger phones an option besides the stretch knot.

The new knot dimensions will be: 7.9 x 4.7 x 2
according to this....
https://www.bottegaveneta.com/us/cl...&ranSiteID=J84DHJLQkR4-bNAng5B7re0Qe54fXNC8SA

as compared to:
classic knot which is 6.6 x 3.9 x 2 and
stretch knot which is 9.6 x 3.7 x 1.6

Last edited:
Has anyone has purchased the IPhone X and tried to see if it would fit in a classic knot?

I went up in phone size when the 6 Plus came out and hated that I couldn’t use it with my classic knots. I ended up getting rid of my knots because of it. As I remember the 6 would fit in a knot and the X is only slightly larger than the 6– so I am curious whether the X will fit !

I know that BV is coming out with the new size knot (with the chain strap) that may help those with larger phones, but my specific interest is the classic size and the IPhone X.

I don't have the iPhone X yet, but I do have the case, which I tested in the classic knot; it didn't fit. It was just a little too big at the corners. You might be able to squeeze the phone in without the case. I expect the stretch knot will work.

I don't have the iPhone X yet, but I do have the case, which I tested in the classic knot; it didn't fit. It was just a little too big at the corners. You might be able to squeeze the phone in without the case. I expect the stretch knot will work.

Hello my friend! :hugs:
Thanks for the feedback. I expected as much, but was just hoping. I really miss my classic knots.

Made me laugh! I thought the 6 wasn't an easy fit! I think the X will be even a little worse because it is slightly bigger.

I was told by an BV SA that the new knots with the chains were an attempt to give people with larger phones an option besides the stretch knot.

The new knot dimensions will be: 7.9 x 4.7 x 2
according to this....
https://www.bottegaveneta.com/us/cl...&ranSiteID=J84DHJLQkR4-bNAng5B7re0Qe54fXNC8SA

as compared to:
classic knot which is 6.6 x 3.9 x 2 and
stretch knot which is 9.6 x 3.7 x 1.6

I ordered the new knot with the chain. I'm going to see if the satin is too dressy for me or not. I'd like to use it for evenings out but not super dressy/formal type events. Going to dinner, the symphony and various dance performances. I'm wondering if the silk satin will be too formal looking. My stretch knot is silk faille.
I don't have the iPhone X but I have an iPhone 7 in a slim case and I'll try to take pics of it in the stretch knot and in the new knot for comparison.

I ordered the new knot with the chain. I'm going to see if the satin is too dressy for me or not. I'd like to use it for evenings out but not super dressy/formal type events. Going to dinner, the symphony and various dance performances. I'm wondering if the silk satin will be too formal looking. My stretch knot is silk faille.
I don't have the iPhone X but I have an iPhone 7 in a slim case and I'll try to take pics of it in the stretch knot and in the new knot for comparison.

I think we’d all love to hear back from you about the new knot size/style when you get it! I think you should post a new thread so the information will be easy to find . Can’t wait to hear more !

Sbelle,
I went a different direction. I got a smaller phone so it would fit with my classic knots. I just couldn't part with them.

I have to say I really do miss my classic knots. When I went to the plus size phone I bought several stretch knots. Although I like them, imo they don’t compare to the feel of the classic knot size in your hand.

I totally understand why you kept yours!!

Reactions: etoupebirkin