GREAT BOOK, I have to share...

Sunshine

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown.

Its a true story of an amazing woman who turned her life around. Not for the faint of heart...I LOVE to read and I had to walk away from this book on a few occasions. It made me cry, laugh, cry again and at the end I was literally cheering her on!! I wrote her an email as soon as I was done (which I have NEVER done) she responded...its was a cool moment. Anyway, so Im channel surfing today and there she is talking to ol Montel...(another show I never watch) it was an old interview but I LOVED seeing it !!! What a truly remarkable woman!! READ THE BOOK!!

Thatnks for the recommend Sunshine!
I am heading to B&N today to pick up some books for my 6 year old-after reading your recommend and the blurb on amazon about this book-i am definitely going to buy it.

My daughter first read this book then recommended it to me and I read it during the begining of this year.
I literally could not put the book down.
I read it in a day and a half.
Cupcake Brown is an amazing woman who tells her story with raw truth and sincerity.
Her story is so inspirational and incredible.
I too highly recommend this book.
I guarantee her story, her described images and events will haunt you for awhile.

oh yes! this woman's story is amazing. she's actually come into my starbucks here in the city (she's an attorney in the financial district) and one of the barista's called her Cupcake. I figured it was a nickname, but after stumbling across her webpage it turns out that Cupcake is her real name:cutesy: I haven't read her book yet but I definately want to check it out.

Im so excited for you all to read it...its so powerful! Come back and tell me your feelings on it. I want to have a damn book club meeting about it! LOL I always wanted to do that you know, but I would want to pick all the books and thats just JIVE for other people! LOL

Im so excited for you all to read it...its so powerful! Come back and tell me your feelings on it. I want to have a damn book club meeting about it! LOL I always wanted to do that you know, but I would want to pick all the books and thats just JIVE for other people! LOL

I read it and enjoyed it. I think another book which has similar experiences (fictional) is 'the white oleander' by Janet Fitch.

Cupcake Brown's book is so raw and honest...it was a book that moved me greatly. And to think I just picked it up because of the sprinkles on the cover....

For anyone who is interested in reading this book, I would strongly suggest that you do not read any of the books reviews which reveal its story content. That would spoil it for you. I had absolutely no idea what the book was about when I began to read it, other than it was a woman's memoirs. I read it because my 17 year old daughter had read it, and I was curious as to what my teen was reading. WOW.
Again this book had me captive for the entire read.