Old LV handbags question.

LVlifer

Feb 23, 2016
I have many LV cnavas handbags, some as old as 14 years or so. They are all in "mint" condition. I have not worn any one of them many times and have covered in their dust bags and have been stored properly.
Many of them have been discontinued. Do you think older LV handbags look dated? Would you wear your older style handbags and feel stylish wearing them?

I have a few older bags - a Noe GM from 1994, a Looping GM from around 2000 (can't remember exact year), and a Horizontal Lockit GM. My Noe looks really used, the other 2 still look pretty pristine with just light patina. I do not think they look dated, and I enjoy carrying them. I think it just depends on your personal style. I see a lot of vintage LVs around my city, and I always think they look great so long as the bags are in nice condition & well cared for.

I have a few older bags - a Noe GM from 1994, a Looping GM from around 2000 (can't remember exact year), and a Horizontal Lockit GM.

OMG I totally forgot about the Looping and that I had one of those. I loved it back in the day! Thanks for prompting the memories.

As to wearing vintage bags, I think it depends on the style and your personal style. Some people can really pull it off. Might clash with a more modern look, but I think they can definitely be worn still. The bag will make you unique and rare since no one else is likely carrying it around.

here's dated for you...yesterday I carried the LV Denim Baggy GM (like the below) and I got so many compliments and questions. Next time I whip it out, I'll take pics. Because it's denim and YEARS old, it does have a bit of wear and tear but it still looks beautiful. My mum gave it to me.

OMG I totally forgot about the Looping and that I had one of those. I loved it back in the day! Thanks for prompting the memories.

As to wearing vintage bags, I think it depends on the style and your personal style. Some people can really pull it off. Might clash with a more modern look, but I think they can definitely be worn still. The bag will make you unique and rare since no one else is likely carrying it around.

LOL I'm carrying my Looping today, in fact!