Bought Nano fake from Yoogi

Finja

Jan 24, 2012
Hello everyone,
So I bought a Celine Nano Bag from Yoogis Closet last year and didn't get it authenticated. Anyways, when I got it, i thought it was real, until recently I noticed some leather pilling on the side corner around all over the edge. It's black so all the wrinkled edges become white. So I went online to find out the differences for Celine fake and real and noticed mainly on zipper and checked mine has 'M'. Got it authenticated here the other day and it is confirmed Fake..thanks TPFs!!!
Fake from Yoogis! Anybody experienced this? How do I confront them? What do I do now? I actually asked for a quote to sell it back to see what they come up with.. while at it I want to get the certificate for authenticity.. am just numb right now.. All these while walking around feeling on top of the world with my fake Nano.. makes me sick..

They would probably ask you get it authenticated by an actual authentication website/service. I'm not sure they would accept the word from TPF?? In any case, I would get it authenticated from whoever they list as a service they approve. Then when it comes up as fake, I would ask for a refund. It may be hard since you purchased it last year and they could technically have a rule for a certain time frame that you can return products once realizing it's fake...

That would upset me so much! Ugh! This is why I've always hesitated buying preowned... Too many people who take disadvantage by providing fake products for people to buy. Then it gets circulated to other buyers, etc.

Reactions: MamaSleepy
They would probably ask you get it authenticated by an actual authentication website/service. I'm not sure they would accept the word from TPF?? In any case, I would get it authenticated from whoever they list as a service they approve. Then when it comes up as fake, I would ask for a refund. It may be hard since you purchased it last year and they could technically have a rule for a certain time frame that you can return products once realizing it's fake...

That would upset me so much! Ugh! This is why I've always hesitated buying preowned... Too many people who take disadvantage by providing fake products for people to buy. Then it gets circulated to other buyers, etc.

Hello everyone,
So I bought a Celine Nano Bag from Yoogis Closet last year and didn't get it authenticated. Anyways, when I got it, i thought it was real, until recently I noticed some leather pilling on the side corner around all over the edge. It's black so all the wrinkled edges become white. So I went online to find out the differences for Celine fake and real and noticed mainly on zipper and checked mine has 'M'. Got it authenticated here the other day and it is confirmed Fake..thanks TPFs!!!
Fake from Yoogis! Anybody experienced this? How do I confront them? What do I do now? I actually asked for a quote to sell it back to see what they come up with.. while at it I want to get the certificate for authenticity.. am just numb right now.. All these while walking around feeling on top of the world with my fake Nano.. makes me sick..

Any update? Yoogi's will stand behind their guarantee, even if it's a year later. Not to worry. Hope everything went well!

Hello Everyone,
I feel bad I didn't update this earlier, I thought I did. I must got myself confused.
Yoogis was great at their customer service, they immediately appologized and refunded full amount. I feel there probably was some confusion on their part since fakes do try to catch up with the real. And I applaud Yoogis Closet for their fault and mistake as well as getting rid of the bag. Bottom line, they are good seller, but always authenticate however reputable any resellers are, especially when in doubt :smile:
Take care and thank you to all for your support!!!

FYI when I google yoogi I get this thread “bought a fake from Yoogi”. You did them a world of bad. Maybe you should have waited for the outcome and then not named the seller. Especially considering how good their customer service was to you. People won’t see that part...

What about buying from authorized retailers like Saks and Barney's? Still need to be authenticated?

IMO, I'd like to think we are okay at this locations but people have pulled terrible schemes. I actually bought a speedy from LV in saks and something seemed off so I returned it for a new one at my local boutique . I'm sure it was fine and I was just being overly paranoid but you can never be too careful lol. I purchased a bag from offsaks and had it immediately authenticated as I believe they source some of their bags now? Just my personal opinion :smile:. Others may feel differently.

Omg I bought my Celine micro earlier from an instagram account. Should I get it authenticated too? Can I get it authenticated at the shop?
I realized I didn't answer your second question. Was this your licorice? I don't think most stores authenticate bags purchased second hand anymore(LV, Gucci, etc) but Im just getting into Celine so they may be different. Personally, I always have everything looked at here on the authenticate thread. If needed, I pay for a third party authentication service too.

Reactions: Darunwayhome

I always choose to buy from Saks and Barneys because I don't want to have to authenticate. But this feels so much work now. I prefer them too because I can just tell my SA to find me any bag I wish, without being tied to any brand.

Would someone point me a TPF link where I can learn about authentication? I always buy brand new from Saks or an actual boutique si I never really bothered to have my purses authenticated or learn about it. But I guess I have to now. Please help!