Hermes Private Events for First Timers?

Pariswithlove

Nov 17, 2013
I am invited to the Hermes Private Event at my local boutique.
Can any of you share your experience at with me? What happened, did you have to buy something at the private event, do they show new collections of purses, bags, etc?

Wow it's hard to say, some are art related events as Hermes supports and exhibits art at some of their stores, some are parties/cocktails/ RTW shows/ petit h exhibits. I have even been to dance performances. You could call your SA and ask for a hint. You don't have to buy anything but most times it is hard to resist!

Reactions: i_like_h
Usually they just want you to look at some new products/lines or arrange an in-house fashion show of the latest season. Perhaps a collaboration with somebody new or an in-house art event. There's usually some very nice champagnes/wine and a few little amuse-bouches and/or canapé.

You don't have to buy anything at all

Nothing majorly taxing and all very enjoyable

Have FUN ;)

I was looking to know more about Hermes private events, but was not able to find much about them. My SA recently invited me to a private event/cocktail party to showcase the new Punk fine jewellry. This is the first time I have been invited to one of these as I moved all over the place and did not just buy from one store. I live around an hour away from the boutique, so I wanted to get your inputs on whether it is worth the drive to the city. I would also love to hear what happens during these events.

Reactions: ittybitty
I was looking to know more about Hermes private events, but was not able to find much about them. My SA recently invited me to a private event/cocktail party to showcase the new Punk fine jewellry. This is the first time I have been invited to one of these as I moved all over the place and did not just buy from one store. I live around an hour away from the boutique, so I wanted to get your inputs on whether it is worth the drive to the city. I would also love to hear what happens during these events.
It will be like any other cocktail party, cocktails and canapés will be served. They may be a very short speech from a Hermes executive then it's really just browsing and mingling etc. No active selling will be present due to the after hour time of the event but if you want to buy anything, I am sure it can be done. I personally find it more enjoyable if I go with a +1 and/or know my SA/SM will be there so I have at least someone I can talk to. HTH!

Actually I attended a private event last year when my local boutique celebrated "La nature au galope"
It was an fantastic experiene as you may see from the photos. Very secretative, we were asked to meet up at a certain place where it was canapes etc. Thereafter we were put on buses after gettng a bracelet each with departure time consisting of a petit H charm with ribbons. We were all taken to a park where they had build a fantastic "garden". It was champagne and food etc. A French Hermes executive held a speech and that was it. No product sale or promotion. I had a really good time!

Attachments

• IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 2,052
  • IMG_0740.JPG
    IMG_0740.JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 2,016
  • IMG_0744.JPG
    IMG_0744.JPG
    304.4 KB · Views: 2,039
Actually I attended a private event last year when my local boutique celebrated "La nature au galope"
It was an fantastic experiene as you may see from the photos. Very secretative, we were asked to meet up at a certain place where it was canapes etc. Thereafter we were put on buses after gettng a bracelet each with departure time consisting of a petit H charm with ribbons. We were all taken to a park where they had build a fantastic "garden". It was champagne and food etc. A French Hermes executive held a speech and that was it. No product sale or promotion. I had a really good time!
Thank you for sharing. I have been privileged to attend Herme events in different parts of the world. If I had to describe them in one word only, it would be "quirky".

Thank you for sharing. I have been privileged to attend Herme events in different parts of the world. If I had to describe them in one word only, it would be "quirky".
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and some pictures of the Hermes Private Events. I was also curious to find out if any "goodie-bags" are given during these events.

Reactions: AdAstraPerAspera