Hair - Maintenance, Product Recommendations, Share Your Tips and Tricks

loveydovey35

Jul 18, 2015
I searched the forum for a thread that discusses all things hair, but didn't find one, if this already exists please advice.

I have fine, curly, frizzy hair, since I live in Florida I have a bad hair day 90% of the time. Hair is important, no doubt. I am hoping we can share pictures of our hair styles, products and tools that work for your hair type and that you would be able to recommend to others.

In the spirit of sharing, here is a picture of my latest hair product purchase, a heat protectant spray, bought it at Saks, came highly recommended, has anyone else used the Leonor Greyl products?

Attachments

• 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 362
Hi!

I haven't tried that stuff before. Does it smell good?

I have fine hair that is wavy. So kinda similar to you. I have an align cut to make it look thicker and also dying it blonde makes my hair look thicker too. Everyone thinks I have thick hair, but I don't. With fine hair, less is more when it comes to products. I am using this stuff right now for shampoo and conditioner:

I still haven't found a great mousse for my hair, tried a lot of products, but nothing that has wow'd me. I do LOVE Joico products as well. My favorite is this stuff:
Hairshake_ProductPage.png

It gives me a lot of volume! I use it on dry hair. Love it.

My hair can get kind of greasy in the front from my face, so I love dry shampoo. When I don't have any, I use Baby Powder. Just a little. Works great. I do have to wash my hair everyday though or I would look a mess! I know it's not good for you, but I have to. I also like doing Coconut Oil masks once in awhile. Put a shower cap on and go to sleep like that and it really makes your hair shiny and soft when you rinse it all out.

I always use light weight hairspray too, nothing too heavy because it weighs your hair down. I don't straighten my hair because it's damaging and it makes my hair look thin. I use a round brush and just blow dry.

Do you have long hair?

Reactions: loveydovey35
Thank you for posting and sharing your hair recommendations. I am def going to try the sharmpoo and Goico products.
I do have curly hair, the first picture is of me with my natural curl, the second pic is with hair blown out. This length seems to work for me as it is not too short, and not too long, making it look stringy and thin.

Attachments

• CurlyQ.PNG
    CurlyQ.PNG
    853.3 KB · Views: 308
  • New Ride.jpg
    New Ride.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 305
Thank you for posting and sharing your hair recommendations. I am def going to try the sharmpoo and Goico products.
I do have curly hair, the first picture is of me with my natural curl, the second pic is with hair blown out. This length seems to work for me as it is not too short, and not too long, making it look stringy and thin.

Oh my gosh, you hair is not fine!! It looks so thick!! You are beautiful!! Who told you it was fine?

This is the only selfie I could find of me, way finer than your hair. I have to say I'm jealous of your curl! My hair just gets an ugly wave if I don't blow dry it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 299
I have course, thick, wavy, frizzy hair. I've been using Euphora's Nourish serum (purchased from my salon) and it has helped. I've also started to use a heat protector spray (I got the Big Sexy brand as a free gift with purchase, but I think they are discontinuing it so I will also need to find another brand for that). Shampoo/conditioner has been trial and error. My hair has responded well to Alterna (the purple bottles), Pureology, and Serge Normant.

I have course, thick, wavy, frizzy hair. I've been using Euphora's Nourish serum (purchased from my salon) and it has helped. I've also started to use a heat Cspray (I got the Big Sexy brand as a free gift with purchase, but I think they are discontinuing it so I will also need to find another brand for that). Shampoo/conditioner has been trial and error. My hair has responded well to Alterna (the purple bottles), Pureology, and Serge Normant.
I have thick dry NC hair too. I've been using Garnier Curl Nourish shampoo. It's paraben free, no sulfates. Does the job and very cheap.
garnierfructiscurlnourishshampoo%20125ozhair%20careproductshot.png

Oh my gosh, you hair is not fine!! It looks so thick!! You are beautiful!! Who told you it was fine?

This is the only selfie I could find of me, way finer than your hair. I have to say I'm jealous of your curl! My hair just gets an ugly wave if I don't blow dry it.

Thank you, lovebug702, my hair looks thick, but that is because its curly and it frizzes so easily. Unlike a lot of curly q's I don't have thick or coarse hair. Its weird lol :smile:

your hair looks great, the style frames your beautiful face perfectly.

I have course, thick, wavy, frizzy hair. I've been using Euphora's Nourish serum (purchased from my salon) and it has helped. I've also started to use a heat protector spray (I got the Big Sexy brand as a free gift with purchase, but I think they are discontinuing it so I will also need to find another brand for that). Shampoo/conditioner has been trial and error. My hair has responded well to Alterna (the purple bottles), Pureology, and Serge Normant.

Hello Frugalfinds, have you used the heat protectant from Phyto, it smells very nice and works great. I also saw that Leonor Greyl has a heat protectant spray for curly, coarse and frizzy hair, since I have been using their heat protectant for fine, curly hair, I have noticed a dramatic change when I blow dry my hair. It feels very silky and so shiny, smells good too!

Reactions: Frugalfinds
I have thick dry NC hair too. I've been using Garnier Curl Nourish shampoo. It's paraben free, no sulfates. Does the job and very cheap.

I have seen this at my local Walgreens/CVS. I liked that there are no sulfates or parabens, but wondered if it would be too much for my hair since I don't have thick hair (but it is curly and can get very dry), in the past when I have bought products for curly hair it ends up looking so greasy :sad:

I bought several new hair products and wanted to try them out before recommending them. These smell so good and they are working as promised. A bit pricey but def. worth the money, a little goes a long way.

Attachments

• BGC24K2_mu.jpg
    BGC24K2_mu.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 269
  • BGC172Q_ak.jpg
    BGC172Q_ak.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 280
  • BGC172S_mk.jpg
    BGC172S_mk.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 277
Reactions: lovebug702
I have seen this at my local Walgreens/CVS. I liked that there are no sulfates or parabens, but wondered if it would be too much for my hair since I don't have thick hair (but it is curly and can get very dry), in the past when I have bought products for curly hair it ends up looking so greasy :sad:

I wouldn't recommend this for our fine hair :smile: I tried it once and it did not work for me.

If your hair is fine, maybe your needs are different from mine. I mostly look for shampoo that won't dry my hair or strip the color. This stuff is so cheap it might be worth trying for you. I liked it enough to repurchase.