Strange convo w/ SA about new brown Carlys

I called today to ask when they will be at the outlets and she said September at the earliest. She said they have 5500 of them in Jax, they only keep brown through the Fall, and that they will most likely go to outlet after the boutique.

Has anyone else heard this?

I bought a brown Carly this pce -- but I wanted some assurance that they aren't going to be in the outlets by the time I start carrying it this Fall. For some reason, I don't feel very assured...

It's hard to say for sure due to the recent influx of website/boutique bags showing up at the outlets lately. Like I said in another thread, my local outlet has had at least six of the cotton Chocolate Carly's in the last few days(and these are just the ones that I have seen). I also picked up a denim Legacy Signature cotton shoulder bag a few days ago as well from the outlet(which is still on the website). So if the trend continues, I think that we'll start seeing the brown Carly's at the outlets sooner rather than later. If you're not planning out wearing your bag until the fall, keep the tags on it just in case the outlets start to carry it. Just my $0.02...

Honestly, dark brown probably won't leave until january. It just came out last week and it's the most popular style bag and none of the current colors have been deleted (the basics).

You know, after reading through the outlet threads the past few days and seeing what's showing up there so soon, I think my days of buying full price through the web site or from the boutique are definitely over. I live within 30 minutes of an outlet, that will probably be the only place I shop from now on.

Is it that Coach is producing more than they can sell? It would seem so with not only this extended PCE, but the amount of newer bags showing up at outlets so soon.

Is it that Coach is producing more than they can sell? It would seem so with not only this extended PCE, but the amount of newer bags showing up at outlets so soon.

You wouldn't think it, seeing how crazy the outlet near me gets on the weekends... Although, I can see where your coming from, with the PCE getting extended and lots of new stuff showing up at the outlets. Who knows whats going on...

the brown Carly??? as in the chocolate sig Carly that JUST CAME OUT????? WOW!!!! Have you heard about the other signature colors going to the outlets as well (not the cotton ones...the regular signature ones)....I wish I had a signature outlet near ME!!! We only have a leather outlet, w/ few "last year styles" of signature....Cant wait to go to the Hershey outlets next week!!!!! LOL

My outlet told me that it is very unusual for them to have these new bags so quickly... they said they are normally 6-12 months behind on styles with some new bags that make it there now and then, but not in any volume...

I think they're introducing so many more new styles that they may need to move bags more quickly now....

Legacy is still just about impossible to find there but I did see some of the medium denim carly's there, which is odd since it was a department store exclusive...

I don't think you'll see the chocolate brown carly there anytime this year...it's too popular...

My outlet told me that it is very unusual for them to have these new bags so quickly... they said they are normally 6-12 months behind on styles with some new bags that make it there now and then, but not in any volume...

I think they're introducing so many more new styles that they may need to move bags more quickly now....

Legacy is still just about impossible to find there but I did see some of the medium denim carly's there, which is odd since it was a department store exclusive...

I don't think you'll see the chocolate brown carly there anytime this year...it's too popular...

The question is-will the being 6-12 months behind on styles remain the norm or will the norm now become moving bags more quickly and hence sending them to the outlets sooner? It's anyone's guess.

You wouldn't think it, seeing how crazy the outlet near me gets on the weekends... Although, I can see where your coming from, with the PCE getting extended and lots of new stuff showing up at the outlets. Who knows whats going on...

PCE was extended because many customers got the invite way too late.