Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

Hi everyone, I recently bought a herbag 39 zip burgundy from a European vintage store. I initially wanted the 31 size but I love the burgundy colour so got the 39.
Sorry if this has been asked before;
Does anyone use a bag insert to stop the base of the herbag slouching over time? Also is the 39 size still in production or is it only the 31 size being sold new?
Just wanted to add; love this bag! Hermes do casual/understated so well with herbag, Lindy and double sensView attachment 3765821View attachment 3765822
I saw this and said to myself, what a gorgeous color. Then I realized, I have the exact same one in a 31! Dont you just love this?! It's neutral and color at the same time!

Reactions: Alivia
Dear tPF'ers, I have purchased a Herbag for a very good price, but the strap and handle are missing.
My local leather shop is going to make the missing pieces for me, but they need to know the precise dimensions.
Could any owner of the Herbag provide the strap and handle width and length for me? Pretty please *puppy eyes* :smile:

I've nvr purchase anything from Hermes before but I heard stories bout how hard is it to get a bag from Hermes. Mostly birkin and Kelly but I was wondering is it hard to get offered a herbag as well? Someone enlighten me pls. Thank you!

Reactions: Matryoshka.ca
I've nvr purchase anything from Hermes before but I heard stories bout how hard is it to get a bag from Hermes. Mostly birkin and Kelly but I was wondering is it hard to get offered a herbag as well? Someone enlighten me pls. Thank you!

I can't say about other countries, but it's very easy in Europe! Herbag can be on a shelves in stores, airports, or just in stock room! Just ask a SA

US is a little bit different. At least in my home store and Vegas. Herbag is very popular. I have never seen it on the shelve. Usually it flies out of the door within couple days. I had my SA reserved one for me.

Reactions: uyalison

I’m in Honolulu, Hawaii and I see it all the time in their shelve whenever I pass by the store. I purchased mines at the Ala Moana shop and although I didn’t like the color they had at that time. I simply placed my order with my color choice and I got a call a week or so later.

I’ve seen more on the shelves recently whereas I used to never ever see any in my local store. I also have seen quite a few when I’ve been to Las Vegas this year.

It depends on your location. Sometimes, Herbag is available via online store. There is one in indigo at hermes.com that covers USA and Canada.
Or just walk into the store and ask, sometimes they are on shelves, sometimes at the back. It may take a while to wait, but its,t not really hard to get one:smile:

Good luck!!

Good morning ladies,

I have a question for Herbag owners. I've read this thread completely so I've understand the herbag seems to be on its third run as far as Hermes changes. Can anyone explain when the chain in the rod became mainstream in the earlier models? I have a backpack version which doesn't have the chain, but from reading this in the past this thread, it seems that the backpack model didn't have a chain in the rod.

In short I'm just wondering about the history of changes in small details of the Herbag. I'm not asking for authentication purposes, I'm asking just to learn more about the different versions overtime of this bag. I read here the obvious changes such as the first version and then the zip version and now a newly released coated version. Thank you.

I'm sorry I do not have the answers for your questions but I am also curious to know about this new coated version. Is it a more durable/resistant material?
I have put off getting a herbag because canvas is not an easy material to clean. But if it is coated - and more resilient - I'll be getting one!

Reactions: PetiteAsian
I'm sorry I do not have the answers for your questions but I am also curious to know about this new coated version. Is it a more durable/resistant material?
I have put off getting a herbag because canvas is not an easy material to clean. But if it is coated - and more resilient - I'll be getting one!
I have an early style Ado backpack, it's not coated. I then purchased pre-owned, but in new condition, larger Herbag, it has a coated interior, I can't remember off the top of my head, but I believe it's an early 2000 bag. I like the coating. I'm very careful with my bags, but things happen. I like both bags and their durable enough for running around. I worry less about the Herbags than the lambskin (or even my caviar) Chanels for everyday. The Herbags get a workout.