would you buy from a personal shopper?

Shopping is in my blood so personally I wouldn't. But if you don't have the time or unsure what to get, a paid service like personal shopper could be a wonderful thing.

However, I'd recommend you to find and work with a person that clicks with you and understand your style.

Reactions: ddchicago85
Shopping is in my blood so personally I wouldn't. But if you don't have the time or unsure what to get, a paid service like personal shopper could be a wonderful thing.

However, I'd recommend you to find and work with a person that clicks with you and understand your style.
Thank you for the advice. :smile:

I live in a city that has no LV store and the nearest is 4 hours drive away. I was skeptical of personal shoppers but found one, bought several items from her and she's fabulous. She only buys new items and doesn't sell pre-loved. Her customer service is fantastic.

Some tips:
1. Find a personal shopper who resides in your country.
2. Read her reviews and try out something small first.

I agree it's a whole different experience from buying personally from the store. However, it works for me when I want something fast and I don't have to wait, or drive for 4 hours to get to the capital, stay overnight etc. As my personal shopper sources from Europe, there's still savings for me compared to buying from the capital.

PM me if you would like me to recommend her to you. She has customers around this region too.

I live in a city that has no LV store and the nearest is 4 hours drive away. I was skeptical of personal shoppers but found one, bought several items from her and she's fabulous. She only buys new items and doesn't sell pre-loved. Her customer service is fantastic.

Some tips:

I agree it's a whole different experience from buying personally from the store. However, it works for me when I want something fast and I don't have to wait, or drive for 4 hours to get to the capital, stay overnight etc. As my personal shopper sources from Europe, there's still savings for me compared to buying from the capital.

PM me if you would like me to recommend her to you. She has customers around this region too.
is ur personal shopper based in the US? thanks!

Some tips:

Hi nvie! I'm actually looking around for a good personal shopper for either a Longchamp bag and / or a Kate Spade bag. (I know this thread says LV, but..) I'd like to know whom you could recommend? (I'm not sure I know how to send a private message, as I'm new, I did check your profile but I see no button to send a private message to you.)

Hi nvie! I'm actually looking around for a good personal shopper for either a Longchamp bag and / or a Kate Spade bag. (I know this thread says LV, but..) I'd like to know whom you could recommend? (I'm not sure I know how to send a private message, as I'm new, I did check your profile but I see no button to send a private message to you.)

Hi Glidelle, I replied your post via personal message. There's a black speech button on the right top corner of my profile. Nvie

I mean no offense to anyone who uses a personal shopper, but I'm not sure if I would ever buy from one.

In my opinion, it's hard enough to find certain items in store. PS shop often enough to build up a relationship with SAs that they might get first offers for popular items, hence making it even harder for those of us who don't work with one. Due to this, some people are willing to pay more for an item because it's "rare".

Just my two cents :smile:

I am ok with buying from personal shoppers if the bag I am looking for is not available in my local store or if it cheaper to source abroad. I just made sure they are legit and items are authentic. Some personal shoppers do not provide the receipts.

My problem with personal shoppers is that they charge a lot more for the items I want.

I live in the Philippines too and we have many personal shoppers that reside either in Hong Kong, USA and Paris!

You message them via WhatsApp or IG or FB and tell them what you want (brand, color, size etc) and they get back to you with their "landed price" (price to have the item at your doorstep).

These personal shoppers I follow on IG can get ANYTHING! They are so well connected and our local celebrities use them. Newest release? No problem. Hermes VIP items? No problem. Super sought after item (LV Supreme items, Yeezy Boosts for kids, Petit H surprise items, etc) no problem!

The big problem is that EVERY single time I inquire, the price is so high!!

I know they need to charge for their service (actually finding and buying the item).. but wow, I can't stomach the additional cost.

This is something to consider if you ever consider this route. It. Shoppers who are "trusted" cost a lot more than retail from what I see.

During Paris fashion week and during the Paris Hermes sales, I would avidly follow these shoppers and their IG stories. You see them in line.. you see what they see. They post photos of the goods and you have to DM asap if you want something from a sale. It was so exciting.

Alas.. so expensive. Haha. I saw them post photos of Hermes pillows on sale (super expensive even if on sale) and I saw a local celeb comment "I'll get one" and the shopper said, "Ok! I'll get for you!!" Wow. Just like that. So nice to be rich hehehe.

Why not? I don't think the consumer can help if they don't have easy access or that they have any control over the temptation of lower prices in Europe. That's the businesses' challenge to deal with. Sometimes you have no choice (specifically, no time) but to use a personal shopper. I live far away from any designer stores apart from Coach and Michael Kors, which aren't to my personal aesthetic at all, so I have no other options. There's a personal shopper I like who gives estimates based on currency exchange, credit card rates, and keeps the tax refund for traveling and hotel expenses. Even with this, the savings is still considerable compared to buying locally.

Find a personal shopper with good reviews and go through their policies to see if you'll be comfortable buying from them. Hope this helps! :flowers: