Weight

kmatt33

Oct 24, 2016
Does anybody know the exact weight of a Jumbo double flap in Caviar leather and the GST? People say they are heavy but how heavy. I own some full grain bags that weight 3lbs empty is the weight like that or less? Also for the Jumbo does it dig into your shoulder when worn cross body?

Reactions: aas4630
Does anybody know the exact weight of a Jumbo double flap in Caviar leather and the GST? People say they are heavy but how heavy. I own some full grain bags that weight 3lbs empty is the weight like that or less? Also for the Jumbo does it dig into your shoulder when worn cross body?

Hi, I just put both on the balance. For me wearing on the arm the gst seems much more light. Over the shoulder the different is not so much. But crossbody is the Jumbo after a longer time really a bit heavy. With a pullover or jacket its okay, but I wore it one day in summer while walking in Paris, in the evening the shoulder hurts a bit. But I still like both of them :rolleyes:
GST 1064 gramm
Jumbo caviar 1236 gramm

Reactions: iykyk
Hi, I just put both on the balance. For me wearing on the arm the gst seems much more light. Over the shoulder the different is not so much. But crossbody is the Jumbo after a longer time really a bit heavy. With a pullover or jacket its okay, but I wore it one day in summer while walking in Paris, in the evening the shoulder hurts a bit. But I still like both of them :rolleyes:
GST 1064 gramm
Jumbo caviar 1236 gramm
Thanks So much I really appreciate the response!

GST 1064 gramm
Jumbo caviar 1236 gramm
Hello Alexa is your bag also double flap? i think there is a slight difference in weight in the same models\sizes, my double flap caviar jumbo is 1100 grams. I agree with Alexa Gst seems lighter but not so comfortable to wear on the shoulder because of the shape . What i have noticed is almost all designer bags ( in classic sizes) weigh around 1-1.3 kg so weight of a Chanel Jumbo is pretty normal for a medium sized all leather designer bag :angel::smile:

Hello Alexa is your bag also double flap? i think there is a slight difference in weight in the same models\sizes, my double flap caviar jumbo is 1100 grams. I agree with Alexa Gst seems lighter but not so comfortable to wear on the shoulder because of the shape . What i have noticed is almost all designer bags ( in classic sizes) weigh around 1-1.3 kg so weight of a Chanel Jumbo is pretty normal for a medium sized all leather designer bag :angel::smile:
Hi Aeolos, yes I have a double flap and I checked the weight incl. chainstrap. I have no idea why we have slight differences. My one is from year 2016. But now I'm curious and will check it in the evening again.:P Lucky woman, if yours is more light. :happydance:
I think the main weight comes from the chainsstraps, the bag alone is quite light.

Hi Aeolos, yes´I have a double flap and I checked the weight incl. chainstrap. I have no idea why we have slight differences. My one is from year 2016. But now I'm curious and will check it in the evening again.:P Lucky woman, if yours is more light. :happydance:
I think the main weight comes from the chainsstraps,

Hi Aeolos, yes´I have a double flap and I checked the weight incl. chainstrap. I have no idea why we have slight differences. My one is from year 2016. But now I'm curious and will check it in the evening again.:P Lucky woman, if yours is more light. :happydance:
I think the main weight comes from the chainsstraps,
Hey Alexa :flowers:I have checked my other jumbo flap and it also shows 1100 grams on the scale ,I agree probably the weight difference depends on the shoulder strap and yes i agree with you that i am lucky because lighter is better :P

Hey Aeolos,
Okay i did my best to make my Jumbo lighter, but... now without felts and air pockets The best result is 1206 gramm! :smile:
Perhaps it really depends on the length of the chain. I can imagine it variate from one collection to the other a little bit.

Let us know one day with bag you finally choose. :biggrin:
A but I can suggest the newer shopping bags, the handles are more slim, so they don't slide from the shoulder and are much more comfortable. I bought one this summer and it's great. I'll add a pic.
image.jpeg

Does anyone know the weight of Chanel jumbo classic flap in LAMBSKIN (double flap)? Thinking of getting lambskin because the caviar bag is indeed quite heavy and the leather looks dull. Valentino lock bag in medium is probably the heaviest bag I own, which is 830gram. Is the lambskin jumbo heavier than that? O.o

Reactions: Ana burger