Zip Zip Satchel Lovers Unite!

I love zip zip too. I've collected most of mine in pebbled leather, but I have a few in saffiano leather also. And they have done the zip zip in ostrich and croco and lizard, and I have a few of those also. Years ago they did a very similar style in the Alto collection, and I bought those also. Can't post pictures, but needless to say, I have a lot of zip zip satchels. I find them light weight, easy to carry (I hand carry), and they hold a lot of stuff. The design makes it easy to get in and out of the handbag and find what you are looking for. Add me to the zip zip fan club.
One question, even though you have lots of different colors, do you ever get tired of carrying the same style. I find that after a few days, I need to add some variety.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Love it because it's simple but classic. Lots of colours and not outrageously priced. I have one in elephant and one in apple green.

View attachment 3778926
This is adorable! I have a dozen zip zips and 4 bitsy zip zips. I also have a crocodile and lizard. I do love the versatility of short handles and long strap and my favorite...the wide opening with gussets. Simply genius. I like to sprinkle them into the rotation. You can never go wrong with the zip zip. And I never have to worry about damage because they are great in all weather and wear like steel. It's love!

My love for satchels started when I bought the D&B Double Pocket Satchel when it was a TSV on QVC in 2009 or 10. Until then I carried medium-large totes. But l loved the simple, classic look of a satchel, and I was willing to "try" to downsize my items to carry a satchel. Then the Zip Zip satchels debuted and it made carrying all my junk so much easier to access! My first love is still a tote style, but I have collected a few satchels since the TSV. ( Single zip satchels: Florentine Toscana satchel, D&B Olivia satchel, Prix de Dressage satchel, mini zebra Juilette and Ruby nylon zebra satchels, and a red Pebble Grain double pocket satchel. ) When I buy a bag I try to get it in red because that's my most favorite color to carry. That's the main reason I don't have multiples of the exact same style because I'm always looking for something in red first.

I've been in Vegas since June 27th with the grandkids. They're going back with my DD on Monday and I'll be here another week. (That's when I hit the Outlet!) I've been carrying my Coach Tyler tote everyday, but I packed my mini zebra Juliette in case I wanted a smaller bag, but I haven't used it yet. Since I'm not home I can't take new pictures of my zip zip satchels so I'm attaching pics from previous posts. (And also including my Coach Tyler tote since that's the one I've been carrying and "she" wants a photo op! ;) )
20170415_124106-1_resized.jpg 20170414_130520_resized.jpg 20170126_073144_resized.jpg 20170717_074846-1_resized.jpg

Hi ladies! While I adore many Dooney styles, my favorite would have to be the infamous Zip Zip satchel. To me, this bag screams sophistication, simplicity and a timeless silhouette that will stay relevant for years to come. Post pictures of your beautiful Zip Zips here and share why you love this bag!
I loved your outdoor display of your collection in another thread, but your indoor display is equally as BEAUTIFUL!:loveeyes:

Well, the strap seems a bit short and there's no dedicated d-rings to attach it to? But I leave it on anyway!
Yeah, you are right, the strap is a bit short and it doesn't have separate rings to attach the strap. You need to attach it to the same rings on the handles, on opposite handles. The problem with attaching it to the handles is that they tend to turn up when you carry it by the strap. What I do is I fold the handles down but from the top of the ring and then attach the strap. That way they stay down.

Yeah, you are right, the strap is a bit short and it doesn't have separate rings to attach the strap. You need to attach it to the same rings on the handles, on opposite handles. The problem with attaching it to the handles is that they tend to turn up when you carry it by the strap. What I do is I fold the handles down but from the top of the ring and then attach the strap. That way they stay down.

I just don't get why Dooney can't put the D-rings on the bag. It would look and function so much better.
The handles popping up are so annoying.

Reactions: ivdw