Are Coach Sunglasses Polarized?

PyAri

ThisKatEats
O.G.
Jan 27, 2007
If this has already been addressed, I apologize. I tried a search, but didn't come up with anything.

This topic stems from my visit to the store. I was trying to find a pair of sunglasses that I like. The SO looked at the prices and said, "Wow, they better be polarized." I said I wasn't sure let's ask an SA. We asked her and she said, "No, none of our sunglasses are polarized."

I tried looking the descriptions of the various sunglasses on Coach and none of them say polarized.

I finally broke down and called CS and the lady said she thinks all of them are polarized it just doesn't say it.

SOOOOO, long story short, I'd figuring I'd post here to
find out the real answer.

Anyone know if they are polarized?

TIA:yes:

so your long journey and quest will probably come to an end..so much for an uninformed coach sales associate :sad:. i use to sell high end sunnies and nope, none of them are polarized to my knowledge.

I can't live without polarized sunglasses and I agree with the others - Coach is not polarized. :nogood: I order a new pair of prescription sunglasses each year but could easily go without them as I only need them to see very far away. I sure wish Coach sunglasses WERE polarized.

ok not to be dumb.. but what does polarized actually mean? What are the advantages of polarized sunnies vs non-polarized?

thx :smile:
What kidlearner said. :yes:

I spend almost the entire summer on the lake and I cannot live without polarized sunglasses! It is amazing how much they reduce the glare. I wouldn't drive the boat without them -- helps to see other boaters on the lake or downed skiers in the water.

In the winter, they help so much while being outside and dealing with that awful glare from the snow on a sunny day!

My newest ones are Lulu Guiness and I adore them! I order them at the optometrist I go to and they usually have a fantastic selection. The polarization is an option -- I keep thinking that IF they had Coach sunglasses in prescription I could get them polarized like I do my others, but they said they won't ever carry Coach. Not sure why though.

My BF was trying to explain to my why they are so important then just regular sunglasses. I found this in an article online.
Many people don't understand the importance of wearing polarized sunglasses when they are enjoying the outdoors. You favorite activity may be biking, climbing, surfing, volleyball, baseball, jet-skiing, snowboarding or fishing, the bottom line is that you need to understand the importance of polarized sun glasses and what they can offer you. The biggest thing that polarized sun glasses offer is the ability to cut through the glare created by the sun, when it bounces off of reflective surfaces such as roads, snow, and water.
This might not sound like a big deal but it's most certainly true. Many times we're so used to seeing and dealing with this glare, that we can't imagine it not being there. Quality polarized sunglasses cut through this glare not only enabling us to see better, but also protecting our eyes from the nasty UV rays within the glare. The bottom line is that if you spend any time in the outdoors, you need to invest in a quality pair of polarized glasses. When it's all said and done, you'll be glad you did. Not only that, but your eyes will as well.