Hot Stamping Problems

clarkda

O.G.
Jun 20, 2011
Hi all.
I just got a new keepall and had the luggage tag hot stamped. I had someone pick up the tag and when I saw it, it wasn't stamped crisply and had silver spidering on the edges of the letter, causing it to look a little "blurry".

Has anyone else had an experience like this? What did you do? What can you do?

Hi all.
I just got a new keepall and had the luggage tag hot stamped. I had someone pick up the tag and when I saw it, it wasn't stamped crisply and had silver spidering on the edges of the letter, causing it to look a little "blurry".

Return to the store and ask politely for a redo. Explain that someone else picked it up for you and that you are not thrilled with the hot stamp results. I am sure they will be happy to redo it.

In the worst case scenario (let's say the hot stamp looks perfect to everyone but you), you can always buy a new luggage tag and get a new stamp.

Reactions: Redenkeew
This happened to me before. I had my Desk Agenda, Pocket Organizer, Luggage tag and Passport Cover hot stamped and they all came out horrible. I couldn't believe my luck (or lack of)

I politely pointed out the silver spidering over the edge and making the letters look blurry, the manager agreed and offered to replace each item.

Hi all.

I would ask nicely for a redo. Worst that could happen is that the store tells you no! Good luck!

This happened to me before. I had my Desk Agenda, Pocket Organizer, Luggage tag and Passport Cover hot stamped and they all came out horrible. I couldn't believe my luck (or lack of)

I politely pointed out the silver spidering over the edge and making the letters look blurry, the manager agreed and offered to replace each item.
That's excellent service!