Vanished Luggage Tag

lvguy94

Jun 4, 2016
So I went home to visit family this weekend and brought along my trusty mono keepall 55 bandouliere. I just got back and was unloading the car, only to realize my luggage tag has vanished. I have no idea what could have happened to it, unless maybe it just fell off by itself for some odd reason. I know it's nothing major, but I bought the luggage tag and had it hot stamped after years of having the actual bag. So after over 2.5 years, the patina on the newer luggage tag was finally starting to match the bag. Has anyone ever experienced something of this nature?

I think it's $60 to replace. You can put the tag in a tanning bed, or leave it out in the sun for it to patina faster. I travel with my keepall and my tag has never fallen off.

I've never had anything like this happen to me before. In my experience the luggage tag is very secure and has never fallen off. Do you think it was stolen?

I think it's $60 to replace. You can put the tag in a tanning bed, or leave it out in the sun for it to patina faster. I travel with my keepall and my tag has never fallen off.
Yeah, I only paid $75 for it but the patina literally took FOREVER. I don't use tanning beds so I always left it on my window sill, but it still took so long

I've never had anything like this happen to me before. In my experience the luggage tag is very secure and has never fallen off. Do you think it was stolen?
I'm not sure why someone would steal it, considering it had my three initials on it (literally in the largest font size available for the luggage tag), but then again some people are crazy

I once lost the small leather strap that holds the handles together on one of my keepalls. Although it's a non-essential piece, I know how frustrating it is to not have a "complete" keepall lol. I went to my LV store, and the manager actually talked me out of spending the $60 to replace it, stating it wasn't worth the money to replace, and is really only for display. I understand this is a little different than the luggage tag, but yes, it is possible that maybe it simply came undone and fell off. The good news is that you always have the option of replacing it!