Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

Cordie I just went back and read a bit. Ok I didn't do too badly. I'll post on that thread. We should all check in about how we did although I think myh doesn't post on tpf much anymore. Her collection has evolved as well.

Reactions: prepster
Cordie, PbP, I used a hot pink bedsheet and laid my clothes flat to photograph them. It went pretty quickly - you can photograph them all in the app in bulk.

Then editing and sorting can be done at your leisure. Also very efficient.

It's not as bad as you think. And very useful.

Reactions: EmileH
Yesterday, I entertained myself during my day in bed by reading old threads. PBP--I think you would find it entertaining to reread your posts in MYH's thread on her bags. It is always interesting to see what you thought and what you did.

Checked out the Stylebook ap after seeing it highly recommended in an article comparing different clothes aps. I am enthusiastically ready to start photographing my clothes. I am slightly deterred by the number of items in my closet that are a size smaller than I am, but I figure thinking about what I could be wearing would motivate me on weight loss.

We have a home gym for DH, and Saturday I wandered in and used it for the first time since we purchased it a year ago. That seemed like a good omen, since it was spontaneous. I have lost 7 pounds since February, but at that rate, I still have a year to go before my lovelies will see the light of day again. I think the biggest factor in losing the 7 pounds was cutting out bread. I have run out of other projects, and plan to spend the next time period making myself my project.
I started using Stylebook last summer. For more recently purchased clothes, try to find an online pic. I found those much easier to edit than my own photos.

Are you going to use a certain backdrop for your photography session? It would make it much easier to remove the background which to me is the worst part. Now that I pared down my wardrobe a bit I could see tackling it. It would probably be a whole weekend project. Let us know how your project goes.

I watched a tutorial on their website. They recommend using a sheet. The main thing is the background has to contrast with the clothes so the program can recognize what to eliminate. It looked pretty automatic. They also show you how to do it manually.

The program doesn't operate on computers--just phones and ipads. I am worried my old eyes won't be happy on the phone. Guess I will have to get an ipad.

Reactions: EmileH
Cordie I just went back and read a bit. Ok I didn't do too badly. I'll post on that thread. We should all check in about how we did although I think myh doesn't post on tpf much anymore. Her collection has evolved as well.

It was just fun to see you talking from the point of what you planned to do and then see how far you have come. You did not do too badly. I had a hard time imagining you with those non H bags. :smile: Was the peekaboo rehomed?

It was just fun to see you talking from the point of what you planned to do and then see how far you have come. You did not do too badly. I had a hard time imagining you with those non H bags. :smile: Was the peekaboo rehomed?

Yes it was. I just updated the thread. Maybe we can get some others to chime in about how their collections evolved. I know that klynanne didn't like Birkins back then and now she has a beautiful birkin.

I watched a tutorial on their website. They recommend using a sheet. The main thing is the background has to contrast with the clothes so the program can recognize what to eliminate. It looked pretty automatic. They also show you how to do it manually.

The program doesn't operate on computers--just phones and ipads. I am worried my old eyes won't be happy on the phone. Guess I will have to get an ipad.
I use an iPad, FWIW

I can't seem to find a good photo of the house of cards dress. Does anyone know if there is a website that dissects the wardrobe choices from that series? (There was one on Kelly Rutherford's gossip girl wardrobe that was amazingly detailed.)

This is the only photo that I see and it's not very helpful. But when the dress appears in the show you will know which one I'm referring to prepster. Please let us know how your dress turns out.

View attachment 3765871
I am obsessed with Claire, and by extention House of Cards. What an inspirational woman. I want to be like her when I grow up :lol:

I'm too embarrassed to post on that thread. I have 3 bags in rotation for work, and a couple of evening/event bags, and several that I've outgrown and rarely carry. This is making a strong case for my next bag. I have very limited storage space, but can't seem to get rid of bags that have ripped linings, broken straps, or extensive corner wear.

Of course I also have about a dozen camping/biking/backpacking/kayaking bags of various sizes and purposes - more than handbags. :/ Some of those need to be downsized as well, but they are so handy for the one or two times a year that I need them.

Hmmm...it may be easier to throw out the ripped Eddie Bauer backpack than my trashed Gucci hobo - maybe that can be my little project for this evening.

BTW, PbP, on your 30% closet experiment, I realized this morning that since I usually get dressed directly off my drying rack, the seasonal clothes that languish in my closet do not get worn - that may be en efficient way for me to do a closet cleanout.

And they can do that? Make a zipper stop? That would be great. It probably sounds nuts, but I can see this cut shorter too, as a tunic top at hip length and wear over slim pants with low boots. Very cool and mod. :smile:
Somebody maybe answered this but making a new zipper stop is so simple. Just whip stitch -- take a small stitch from one side to the other of where along the teeth that you want it to end, then take several small stitches over that, tie off the ends, and voila, you have a new zipper stop.

But my recommendation is going to sound really weird - please bear with me. There is a very geeky game that involves putting together and painting hundreds of little models and having huge battles with them, called Warhammer. Each army type has a huge backstory and there are dozens of novels about the medieval-fantasy world, most of them terrible. But there is one book that one of the many bfs who played suggested I read, and it's brilliant and horribly creepy. It's called "Drachenfels" and the protagonist, Genevieve, is a vampire. The author is Kim Stanley Robinson*, a successful science fiction author, slumming it as Jack Yeovil. He wrote a couple more books about Genevieve, which are interesting, but not nearly so compelling, and you can buy them all as a large hardcover. I may possibly have both the softcovers and hardcover...

*If you like hard-sf and big sprawling epics, you've probably already read his "Mars" trilogy, which is amazing.

I pop on here from time to time to try and catch up, and maybe post if I have anything interesting to share ;) Well, it made me giggle to see Warhammer mentioned above, I never expected to see that in the H forum. All of my kids are into it, they assemble, paint and play with the figures. It is a very detailed and time consuming hobby! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that your comment made me smile.

Also, we finally bought our home. I had mentioned our search months ago, on this thread. It took nearly 2 dozen offers and over one year straight (plus 4 years off and on) to come in 1st (and not backup, if I never hear the word "backup" again it will be too soon). The Bay Area house market is not for the faint of heart, but beyond perseverance, I believe it takes some luck. We had everything ready, but so did at least 10 other people for every property. Anyway, maybe I will have more time to hang out in the Cafe now that so much of my day won't be consumed by house hunting. Thank you to everyone who let me vent on here & offered advice :hugs:it was very much appreciated!