"Accidental" HG reveal!

Aug 6, 2008
This is my accidental HG reveal because truthfully in my long term purse planning it wasn't something I ever considered but clearly the H gods had other plans for me.

My SA texted me on Friday that she had a bag for me. I let her know I was dying for a b30 in Etain or Gris asphalte. I just knew that was going to be my bag. She also has extensive knowledge of my collection and knows that I never carry black bags because I wear black all the time for work and really there are so many other colors I'd rather have. She told me she had a navy k28 for me with gold hardware and I would be NUTS not to take it. I was totally disheartened because obviously she knew I just got a K28 in gold earlier in the year. I asked her the style, leather and color just to be sure I wasn't missing something and to figure out why she would offer me another K28 after our discussions.

She told me it was box in blue obsecur. I asked if it was sellier and she said yes. I knew at some point I wanted sellier but that was down the road. I was at a loss. I immediately got on IG and started researching. I had no clue how rare this offer was. Thank heavens I had some great TPFers watching out for me and advising me or I would have missed out on this unicorn.

When I saw her my heart stopped. It turned out the bag is actually sombrero leather but it is close enough to box for my taste to fill that need.

Without further delay....

Attachments

• IMG_1500225839.079084.jpg
    IMG_1500225839.079084.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 1,532
I will try to snap some mod shots and natural light photos when my children aren't trying to climb the walls. [emoji849] I have to say trying to capture the beauty of this bag in photos is pretty much impossible. In some lights it has a gray undertone, in some lights it looks a little greenish and in others it looks black. [emoji7]

View attachment 3765179
View attachment 3765177
View attachment 3765180
View attachment 3765181
View attachment 3765183
View attachment 3765184
View attachment 3765185

Beautiful haul!

I find it so ironic that I bought the exact same scarves together as well. Enjoy all of your goodies in good health.

Lovely!!! I had a chance to try out a constance in this leather--it is so incredibly beautiful and velvety. Sadly, it was at the SFO airport boutique, and the SA had not realized I was flying domestically (apparently that boutique only sells to international travelers; there is no option to simply pay taxes and purchase as a domestic traveler). I was pretty heartbroken :sad: