Bailey 44 - Ok to hand wash rayon?

_debi_

O.G.
Jan 27, 2012
Hi guys, I've bought a few things by Bailey 44 recently, they're made of 95% rayon 5% spandex and say to dry clean.

I really want to just delicate wash these in cold, what do you guys think? Would that be a disaster?

Have any of you hand washed your Bailey 44 pieces?

Thanks in advance [emoji846]

Good to know! I have several Bailey tops

Yep I just did them on the hand wash setting on my machine, in cold and only spinning for a few seconds to get some water out, laid flat to dry and they were fine. Such a relief, and will save loads of money and time in dry cleaning! I wish brands were more honest on their tags, you can actually wash so much that is labelled 'dry clean only'.

Reactions: Mariapia and snibor
I put my rayon items in a mesh bag, delicate cycle and always air dry and they come out fine. I've passed on so many "dry clean only" items that now I'm kicking myself because they're more often than not ok as long as you're careful and don't forget not to throw them in the dryer.

Yep I just did them on the hand wash setting on my machine, in cold and only spinning for a few seconds to get some water out, laid flat to dry and they were fine. Such a relief, and will save loads of money and time in dry cleaning! I wish brands were more honest on their tags, you can actually wash so much that is labelled 'dry clean only'.
Lots of brands prefer to put a dry cleaning tag to remain on the safe side and avoid problems.
Personally I ignore the tag and wash everything.
So far, I haven't had any issues. :biggrin:

Reactions: _debi_