Shoes Please help me to decide which colour.

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Hi all, I'm trying to decide which colour of gladiator sandals. I can't decide between camel (which is like a light beige/nude colour) and black. I tend to wear greys and whites which would go well with black but I'm also drawn to the camel. Feel like I need both for different outfits but can't afford it just yet. Please help me to decide! TIA.

Attachments

• IMG_0503.JPG
    IMG_0503.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 466
yikes! Tough decision. They are both great colors. I guess think about your current summer shoe wardrobe and get which color you need. I recently purchased the cage block heel sandals in skin, but I bought it because I have similar studded sandals in black KWIM? Keep us posted!. I wish I could wear these but I have high arches and these are way too flat for me. Good luck with your decision and definitely post modeling pics!

Hi all, I'm trying to decide which colour of gladiator sandals. I can't decide between camel (which is like a light beige/nude colour) and black. I tend to wear greys and whites which would go well with black but I'm also drawn to the camel. Feel like I need both for different outfits but can't afford it just yet. Please help me to decide! TIA.
I vote for black!

Agree! Black! :smile:

Thanks all! I actually bought the camel colour but I really want the black also! I think the black fits in with my wardrobe better than the camel but I already have the rockstud wedges in black and I thought the black sandals maybe looked a bit harsh for summer.

What does everyone think of the new style rockstud sandals that don't have the toe post?

I really love the carmel colour, and since its summer you will get more wear out of them.
I love the black too but... if you already have black rockstud wedges in black prob nicer to have the beige.

I swapped the camel for the black. Still not sure I made the right decision - I think the black go with more stuff but I can't stop thinking about the camel. I think the camel colour is really hard to get hold of. I also think it would look so good on holiday when there's a lot of sun as they look so summery. But we don't get too much sun and really hot days in the UK in the summer, seems to just be the odd day or few days here and there. Like today it's the end of June and pouring with rain! I wear a lot of white in the summer and the black just pops, the camel sort of blended in. My husband think I've made a really big mistake returning the camel as he prefers them to the black and thinks they're more suitable for summer.

I swapped the camel for the black. Still not sure I made the right decision - I think the black go with more stuff but I can't stop thinking about the camel. I think the camel colour is really hard to get hold of. I also think it would look so good on holiday when there's a lot of sun as they look so summery. But we don't get too much sun and really hot days in the UK in the summer, seems to just be the odd day or few days here and there. Like today it's the end of June and pouring with rain! I wear a lot of white in the summer and the black just pops, the camel sort of blended in. My husband think I've made a really big mistake returning the camel as he prefers them to the black and thinks they're more suitable for summer.
It does sound like you love the black and you're getting a lot of use of it! You can always get the camel later down the road.

It does sound like you love the black and you're getting a lot of use of it! You can always get the camel later down the road.

My black ones arrived yesterday as they had to be sourced from another store. They arrived without spare studs, some scratches on the sole and were very creased on both insoles. They are the last ones in the company and I can't find anymore online in my size. Am I being too picky? I expected them to be perfect!

Attachments

• IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 277
Is it too late for the nude? I prefer lighter colors when its summertime and im showing more skin, esp when im wearing such bare sandals

My black ones arrived yesterday as they had to be sourced from another store. They arrived without spare studs, some scratches on the sole and were very creased on both insoles. They are the last ones in the company and I can't find anymore online in my size. Am I being too picky? I expected them to be perfect!

Oh geez! If they were the last ones, they were probably out as the floor sample and tried on a lot. That might be why there is creasing. It's up to you if you can wait for them to show up again somewhere. I know you said you had other black valentinos. Can that hold you over if you return it until you find a perfect pair? If not, keep it and see if they can send you extra studs.

I know it's hard. I kinda get "crazed" when stuff I want is sold out. But if you really like it, keep it. It would get creased and dinged when you wear it anyway.

Oh geez! If they were the last ones, they were probably out as the floor sample and tried on a lot. That might be why there is creasing. It's up to you if you can wait for them to show up again somewhere. I know you said you had other black valentinos. Can that hold you over if you return it until you find a perfect pair? If not, keep it and see if they can send you extra studs.

I know it's hard. I kinda get "crazed" when stuff I want is sold out. But if you really like it, keep it. It would get creased and dinged when you wear it anyway.

I went back to the store and when they checked the system again it showed there were two left in the company. They actually dug out another pair for me that they had there but these ones had scrapes on the leather where your toes go. I thought they looked worse so I kept mine but I'm still not completely happy. It showed that there was one more in the company but who's to say those aren't just as bad or worse? I've got the wedges in black but haven't worn them yet as I have a toddler and they are not the most practical for running around after him! I'm still eyeing the cage sandals with block heel!

I returned the nude but they have them on the hold for me for a few days as I wasn't happy with the condition of the black that I received, and may have to return them. I know what you mean about the nude being more summery. I wear a lot of white in the summer and my hair is very dark although I have pale skin. I felt the nude looked a bit wishywashy. My style is more edgy. Although my husband prefers the nude colour on me. He thinks the black is too harsh for summer.