Reference Taking Care of your Prada - PROTECT, CLEAN, REPAIR, etc

I've only used it once or twice. I sold it and the lady I sold it to complained of the scuff (which was definitely not there when it left me), I just didn't like it when it came down to using it, and I generally move them on quite quickly if I don't feel the love. Anyway, here is a pic, you can hardly see it!
you mean the lady is complaining after you sold it? how long after did she complain? did she check the bag before buying?
something like this happened to me before but i just told the buyer flat out she checked everything before she paid and it's a private sale, buyers beware..:annoyed:

IMG_0201.JPG Hi girls. I have this problem with my Prada Saffiano Lux Tote, which I hope to get some advice from you all.

One day I noticed there was a blue/purple stain on the corner of my prada bag. And after checking I realized that the stain is actually caused by my LV Epileather Neverfull which the handle part has melted and the melted leather unfortunately sticked to my prada bag. I tried to google the solution but I can't find anything about leather stain on a leather bag. I went to prada boutique and asked about this, but the SA just told me they can't do anything about this So i asked a bag spa shop whether they can help to clean this. They said they can remove the stain and help to touch up the color but it won't be restored to 100%.

Any advice on this? Is there any other way I can clear the leather stain?

Thank you.

Hi, I was wondering what leather care products I should use for my Prada Vitello Daino bag? I'm afraid to put anything on it for fear it will discolor or damage it in some way ... but it's beginning to get minor signs of wear. How do I revitalize my bag?

I bought a pre owned Prada bag in the color lilla which is a pretty light color. At first I thought it was just a bit dirty and decided to clean it with some warm water, soap and a tooth brush but I noticed it was still there. After inspecting it more closely I noticed that it was actually the glue in between the lining and nylon that is showing through. Is there anything I can use to remove it? I went on eBay and noticed similar stains on the other lighter nylon bags. This bag is in pretty good condition besides the glue showing through which is driving me insane!!

Here is a photo I took. IMG_1498061964.557420.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Namwan-
Don't worry about it. Use it, love it and consider the little boo-boos as love bites or war wounds.

The only way it will stay flawless is up in a enclosed glass display case and what fun would that be?
Totally agree! It's like a wood floor. When I finally got over the fear of scratches and realized each one added character and a story....yes, a story....it was so freeing! Guess that comes with aging too. My face isn't as cute as it once was....40 years ago.....but it's still here and still works!

I did a search on this and nothing specific come up... but I was wondering, how do you all take good care and TLC of your Saffiano leather bags and wallets?

My Saffiano + Tessuto tote has only been used for 3 weeks and already I can see scratches on her... so I was wondering what the best ways are to disguise scratches on her...

Thanks!
I completely understand. I read reviews on how to clean Prada products and they recommend mild soap but don't let it wet the leatger, quick wipe down and oil it lightly. I'm still looking on how to clean the calf leather. Seems risky to try to clean the handles. Hope you were able to wipe out the scratch or dirt. :smile:

Hello

I have a light pink saffino tote and I have noticed the thread on the handles is going black does anyone know how to clean this?

Thanks
According to online, mild soap , light rub down but don't let it get wet. Then clean with olive oil or leather conditioner. I can tell you one thing, don't use magic eraser or stain remover on small areas. I did that and what works on LV doesn't work on Prada. I hope it helps!

I completely understand. I read reviews on how to clean Prada products and they recommend mild soap but don't let it wet the leatger, quick wipe down and oil it lightly. I'm still looking on how to clean the calf leather. Seems risky to try to clean the handles. Hope you were able to wipe out the scratch or dirt. :smile:
Have you found out the way to clean it? I too have a calf leather Prada. There are some superficial scratches that I’d like to remove somehow.

Hi all! I was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone?
I have an old Prada tote with some bad wear on the handles. I didn't mind at first but I am afraid it might get worse if I don't do anything about it. I refuse to bring it to a bag spa because I am almost certain that they will recommend me to replace the leather, and I really don't want that, it won't be completely authentic anymore.

IMG_7918.JPG IMG_7918.JPG IMG_7919.JPG IMG_7920.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7921.JPG
    IMG_7921.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_7922.JPG
    IMG_7922.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_7923.JPG
    IMG_7923.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_7924.JPG