Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

I wish. They still have to run the gas line to the stove; install the built in microwave, do the trim around windows and doors and thresholds, paint/touch up, install the electrical fixtures (ceiling and under cabinets), put handles on the cabinets and adjust the doors and shelves. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. But the working fridge is a huge help since we've been living out of a bar fridge since March. Reminds me of when I lived in Europe and had a fridge about that size for two years.
I can relate. It reminds me of my bathroom renovation last year. But it looks beautiful now.

Reactions: prepster
I wish. They still have to run the gas line to the stove; install the built in microwave, do the trim around windows and doors and thresholds, paint/touch up, install the electrical fixtures (ceiling and under cabinets), put handles on the cabinets and adjust the doors and shelves. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. But the working fridge is a huge help since we've been living out of a bar fridge since March. Reminds me of when I lived in Europe and had a fridge about that size for two years.

Speaking of the fridge in Europe... this reminded me of the tiny trash can in Paris. We stayed there for two weeks in this very nice condo. The size of the trash can was incredible: it's about one foot tall and about six inch diameter. Running downstairs to throw away garbage then became an activity for my DH and toddler. It could barely hold two diapers. The comment from DH was " well that's typical for Parisians." [emoji23][emoji23]

14 pounds is awesome. How did you do it?

I had been fat for almost four years since my first pregnancy so I was dying to lose all the baby fat, and now DS2 is close to 18 months. I ran out of excuses. [emoji851]

Diet was the first thing that I noted down. Cutting down from somewhere around 2000 to roughly 1200 calories a day. And I reduced starch a great deal. For supper I eat very minimum or none of these: bread, rice, pasta or potatoes. Main food for dinner is mostly veggie with some sort of soup, and fruit.

In addition to diet I started moving more. Thanks to this cafe I have been following Focus T25 routine. And I happened to travel to France with two toddlers lately. That trip helped me lose about 6 pounds, the constant walking and huge effort to take care of two little kids - absolutely worth the trip on this 6 lbs alone.[emoji23]

I think for me the diet is the most important factor. I gotta watch out for this in the long run which is annoying. Those people who naturally stay lean yet no diet constraints are lucky!!! I am jealous because I actually love to eat. [emoji35][emoji35]

I had been fat for almost four years since my first pregnancy so I was dying to lose all the baby fat, and now DS2 is close to 18 months. I ran out of excuses. [emoji851]

Diet was the first thing that I noted down. Cutting down from somewhere around 2000 to roughly 1200 calories a day. And I reduced starch a great deal. For supper I eat very minimum or none of these: bread, rice, pasta or potatoes. Main food for dinner is mostly veggie with some sort of soup, and fruit.

In addition to diet I started moving more. Thanks to this cafe I have been following Focus T25 routine. And I happened to travel to France with two toddlers lately. That trip helped me lose about 6 pounds, the constant walking and huge effort to take care of two little kids - absolutely worth the trip on this 6 lbs alone.[emoji23]

I think for me the diet is the most important factor. I gotta watch out for this in the long run which is annoying. Those people who naturally stay lean yet no diet constraints are lucky!!! I am jealous because I actually love to eat. [emoji35][emoji35]

May I borrow your kids for my next trip? [emoji23]

Seriously, that's a great achievement

Congrats. Thanks for words of wisdom. Hope you are enjoying shopping your closet.

Wow, bar fridge for 3 months! Our fridge died last spring and we had to live out of a mini fridge for a week..I thought that was intolerable! So glad your project is almost finished!

I like everything about it--the cabinet faces, the handles, the concreteish counter, the square sink, the faucet, the ivory and white.

I figure is remodel is a little like being pregnant. You forget the hassle when the joy of the finished product comes.

I also really like the clean lines and simple hardware on the cabinets. It's contemporary but not cold. And is that one 'o' them touch faucets? It's COOL!

Men!! Actually cream and white is tres chic. Easy to add color to your choices and better because you can change whenever you like instead of being locked into something.

Thanks all. It's one step forward, two steps back. One previously installed cabinet is now on the counter and the millwork we ordered for a tiny broom closet (because they mismeasured) looks grossly huge for the space. As in ... it should be 7 inches but there's a full sized door in my kitchen. But hey, ice and cold water in the fridge! I'll take my victories where I can get them! And we are really looking forward to "moving in" and being able to cook, bake (especially bake for me - I love doing it) and invite people over again!

Thanks all. It's one step forward, two steps back. One previously installed cabinet is now on the counter and the millwork we ordered for a tiny broom closet (because they mismeasured) looks grossly huge for the space. As in ... it should be 7 inches but there's a full sized door in my kitchen. But hey, ice and cold water in the fridge! I'll take my victories where I can get them! And we are really looking forward to "moving in" and being able to cook, bake (especially bake for me - I love doing it) and invite people over again!

Wow that sounds stressful.

Phooey, mistikat. That does seem to be par for the course with most construction. The last time we did anything significant (long time ago) it really felt like every installation had an unintended, negative consequence: put in the stove, electrician blows the kitchen GFI. Install a lighting fixture, the supervisor breaks one of the globes. Put in the kitchen sink, plumber decides to combine two male pipes in the U bend with a fist-sized lump of putty. (Oh, I don't think so. :P) And so on. Renovation/construction is a major pain. But happy to hear you are celebrating the small victories! FRIDGE! BAKING!