Scarves Hermesmatic - worth a try? Please post your opinions and before/after photos of scarves

Yes, totally bummed that there is no purple. Three colors was not much to start with anyway, since there were 6 in Europe. I'm leaving one scarf but I have little expectations that I'm going to like the result. Taking 2 back home with me because they look better as is. Very little left to buy, and nothing of great beauty. The orange floor is nice! View attachment 3735527

So sorry to hear it was disappointing, but sending best wishes that you'll love your dipped scarf!

Reactions: momasaurus
I admit, I don't understand why the NYC pop-up couldn't offer all the dye options. Is it a function, perhaps, of how many machines they actually have to dye the scarves (one machine per color, for example, and only three machines making the trip round the US)?
In spite of the fact that the NYC location was about the most inconvenient they could have chosen for me, I'm glad I went. I am genuinely excited to pick up my scarves this coming week and see what I hath wrought!
And it was extremely satisfying that when long-suffering DH asked, "How much did THIS cost?" I could say, "Totally free, dearheart!" Not mentioning the pre-dyed scarf I bought at the pop-up. :P

I admit, I don't understand why the NYC pop-up couldn't offer all the dye options. Is it a function, perhaps, of how many machines they actually have to dye the scarves (one machine per color, for example, and only three machines making the trip round the US)?
In spite of the fact that the NYC location was about the most inconvenient they could have chosen for me, I'm glad I went. I am genuinely excited to pick up my scarves this coming week and see what I hath wrought!
And it was extremely satisfying that when long-suffering DH asked, "How much did THIS cost?" I could say, "Totally free, dearheart!" Not mentioning the pre-dyed scarf I bought at the pop-up. :P

Interesting in that some of our European friends here described little advice given as to what dyes to choose, but lots of dye choices. In NY it sounds like there was great advice, but fewer dyes to choose from! :upsidedown: The free part still shocks me! Hermes is just such a fun, creative, free-spirited company. Yes, generates lots of interest, and they'll sell scarves, too, but this is a big undertaking to move the whole set-up around the country. Sending best wishes, Mindi, that you'll love your scarves!

I just picked my scarf up and I'm very happy! There are still loads of predyed scarfs in bins under the display cases but nothing struck my fancy. Will post a pice when I get home

While my before scarf was more sophisticated, I'm loving the pink which is very happy and very pink. As others have mentioned most of the other colors are still the same ... the turquoise is still turquoise and the violet is still violet only the white is really colored and the brown. The contrast hem is still violet although less of a contrast and the scarf is a bit more wrinkled than the pre dyed ones

It's not as neon as it seems in the pic, that's just the lighting

Here are some picsIMG_1497828058.043335.jpgIMG_1497828071.554842.jpgIMG_1497828085.754737.jpgIMG_1497828096.626717.jpgView attachment 3735818

Last edited: