Scarves ............The FALL 2017 Scarves..............

I have been traveling, and am hopelessly behind viewing this thread.
However, I stopped into NYC store today specifically to pick up the battery park scarf. And discovered they have started getting FW2017 scarves! None were on display, but when asked, they pulled things out of the drawers.
They had several CWs of the AF Jardin de Sinatra , the artist paintbox design, the riding crops design, and at least one CW of space ships beaming up H boxes. They also had one design that is a mashup of 2 designs. Not being a fan of mashups, didn't really look at it.
Here are a few pix. I did not buy any of these and did not get CWs as I was not really prepared for FW, and I am so banned because of recent shopping. ( bought another moussie today. :blush:

View attachment 3732270 View attachment 3732271 View attachment 3732273 View attachment 3732274 View attachment 3732275
Thanks for this intel. Sorry to miss you in NYC!

They are lovely designs but I tried the semi-precious stone version and it didn't feel like the weight or quality of my previous scarf rings. I also tried on the horse's head that came out and felt the same. I'm not looking for a heavy scarf ring but I like that reassuring brass-weight robustness.
Thanks for sharing your comments on the semi-precious scarf rings. I was really taken with them because of the "seal" look (which I love) but as my country didn't buy these, I would need to track down elsewhere in the world.
I also was disappointed in the horse's head scarf ring - bought it & returned it. Besides being flimsy, I was afraid ( & DH concurred) that my scarfs may get damaged being pulled through such a small opening.....
PS Your original arts & crafts wallpaper must be just amazing - wonderful that you chose to preserve it under plexiglass.

I know that during the Victorian era aniline dyes were discovered. Here's an excerpt fro the Web:

www.woodmagazine.com › Wood and Supplies › Finishes and Finishing
In the 1850s, a British chemist accidentally produced a strong purple dye while working with aniline, a clear, oily, poisonous liquid. Subsequently, scientists synthesized other dye colors. These synthetic dyesdelivered the same sparkling colors as the natural ones and were lightfast to boot. They were cheaper, too.

Women wrote brighter (= rather garish) colors in response the dye discoveries.
Your house is from the 1700's? Wow. It must have a lot of character.

Interesting, thanks eagle

Thanks for sharing your comments on the semi-precious scarf rings. I was really taken with them because of the "seal" look (which I love) but as my country didn't buy these, I would need to track down elsewhere in the world.
I also was disappointed in the horse's head scarf ring - bought it & returned it. Besides being flimsy, I was afraid ( & DH concurred) that my scarfs may get damaged being pulled through such a small opening.....
PS Your original arts & crafts wallpaper must be just amazing - wonderful that you chose to preserve it under plexiglass.

I feel your disappointment, Tete de Cheval is so cute.

I think a lot of people must be disappointed with it too, the good new scarf rings sell out online and in the stores = whoosh. I was also sure the Trio en Onyx/Mal were going to be a winners and reserved both stones. I really looked forward to wearing that malachite 'button' with appropriate scarves and I have a few onyx pieces of jewellery that the black would have fitted with so perfectly too - just couldn't. Every scarf ring I've bought so far, (5, not counting my Romances) are as beautifully and thoughtfully made as the scarves. These new ones honestly felt like the quality of one of those generic old scarf rings I can pick up for pennies in charity/goodwill store.

Just want to report that my SA just contacted me to let me know that the Fall scarves are starting to come in. So I guess it's ok to talk about them now?

Just don't show pics from the hidden vaults of h.com or mention codes. Fall scarves are still are not officially out on H's online store LMdC, and therefore those pictures and their codes do not exist.

If you want to show screen-shots pics of real scarves that people have already bought or describe cws you've seen 'somewhere' that's different.

Just don't show pics from the hidden vaults of h.com or mention codes. Fall scarves are still are not officially out on H's online store LMdC, and therefore those pictures and their codes do not exist.

If you want to show screen-shots pics of real scarves that people have already bought or describe cws you've seen 'somewhere' that's different.

So, this is a good reason to show you my terrible selfies from this morning (IPad are not friendly with this).
Fleurs de Giverny :

IMG_6817.JPG

And Jardin de Sintra
IMG_6815.JPG

In blue

IMG_6818.JPG
No gavroche, no CSGM, no twilly yet.

Interesting, thanks eagle

I feel your disappointment, Tete de Cheval is so cute.

I think a lot of people must be disappointed with it too, the good new scarf rings sell out online and in the stores = whoosh. I was also sure the Trio en Onyx/Mal were going to be a winners and reserved both stones. I really looked forward to wearing that malachite 'button' with appropriate scarves and I have a few onyx pieces of jewellery that the black would have fitted with so perfectly too - just couldn't. Every scarf ring I've bought so far, (5, not counting my Romances) are as beautifully and thoughtfully made as the scarves. These new ones honestly felt like the quality of one of those generic old scarf rings I can pick up for pennies in charity/goodwill store.
Thank you for your honest feedback regarding the new scarf rings! Much appreciated!

Reactions: papertiger
Reactions: QueenieQ