Will diorever 'forever'?

The Diorever has been renewed for Pre-Fall 2016, and will likely be renewed for more seasons given the success of the bag.

The design itself is quite simple and timeless, but like most other Dior, Chanel, Vuitton, and Hermes bags other than the Lady Dior, Reissue, Classic Flap, Speedy, Alma, Birkin, and Kelly, unless they reach iconic status, they may be discontinued one day. They are not guaranteed to be permanent designs.

I realize this thread is over a year old, but I just heard that the diorever is being discontinued? Can anyone confirm? I wasn't able to find anything when I searched and I am new to Dior. TIA

Sheesh! I really wish Dior would give their bags a little more time before discontinuing. I believe their quickness to discontinue is a big factor in the bags not holding value like Chanel and LV. And, honestly, that makes me think twice about buying as much as I may love a particular Dior Bag.

Sheesh! I really wish Dior would give their bags a little more time before discontinuing. I believe their quickness to discontinue is a big factor in the bags not holding value like Chanel and LV. And, honestly, that makes me think twice about buying as much as I may love a particular Dior Bag.
While agree that Dior discontinues some styles too quickly, I understand why they do it. Most brands tend to hold onto just a few "iconic" shapes that remain permanent over the years. Rely too heavily on making pieces classic and you run the risk of turning into Prada which has struggled with decreasing sales and profits because they banked too much on their Saffiano Lux (Galleria) and Double bag.

Brands like Chanel and Vuitton discontinue their pieces all of the time. For example, Chanel discontinued their hugely successful GST. Vuitton has discontinued their Lockit which they were trying to make classic (in its first monogram iterations, and then the taurillon version).

Bags tend to go through selling cycles where sales decrease as the bag's shelf life increases. In other words, sales spike when a bag is first introduced, and then usually decrease as the bag gets older and older. To ensure that the brand continues to increase its sales, and to make the boutique floor space as productive as possible, older styles are discontinued to make way for newer styles so that the cycle can start again.

While agree that Dior discontinues some styles too quickly, I understand why they do it. Most brands tend to hold onto just a few "iconic" shapes that remain permanent over the years. Rely too heavily on making pieces classic and you run the risk of turning into Prada which has struggled with decreasing sales and profits because they banked too much on their Saffiano Lux (Galleria) and Double bag.

Brands like Chanel and Vuitton discontinue their pieces all of the time. For example, Chanel discontinued their hugely successful GST. Vuitton has discontinued their Lockit which they were trying to make classic (in its first monogram iterations, and then the taurillon version).

Bags tend to go through selling cycles where sales decrease as the bag's shelf life increases. In other words, sales spike when a bag is first introduced, and then usually decrease as the bag gets older and older. To ensure that the brand continues to increase its sales, and to make the boutique floor space as productive as possible, older styles are discontinued to make way for newer styles so that the cycle can start again.
I completely understand the business reasons for them discontinuing their bags. But it seems that they do so a little bit more quickly than other brands (I don't have one shred of data to support this assertion. LOL! It's my perception.)

And I do think there is a middle ground between cycling through bags a little too quickly (like Dior) and having little to no innovation (Prada). Somehow Gucci seems to cycle pretty quickly through some styles but they do give others a good run and even micro innovate on the bags to keep the style fresh.

So as a Dior fan, I really would like them to slow their pace just a bit. It usually takes me a year or three to decide to buy a bag. (I just bought my first Diorama) I like to be on trend but don't desire to be trendy. So many times they are shoving a style out the door just when I'm ready to take the plunge.

Reactions: averagejoe

So is it definitely confirmed that the medium Diorever will be discontinued? I've heard conflicting things regarding this.

I've been looking into purchasing it as my first Dior piece, but once an item is discontinued how quickly is is phased out from stores? I'm wondering if I'll still have a chance at different leather colours (since I have no boutique near me). Also - now I'm hesitant as I'm not sure it's a good idea to purchase and invest in a bag that is being discontinued, even though in my mind I don't plan to sell it

Reactions: Sparkletastic
So is it definitely confirmed that the medium Diorever will be discontinued? I've heard conflicting things regarding this.

I've been looking into purchasing it as my first Dior piece, but once an item is discontinued how quickly is is phased out from stores? I'm wondering if I'll still have a chance at different leather colours (since I have no boutique near me). Also - now I'm hesitant as I'm not sure it's a good idea to purchase and invest in a bag that is being discontinued, even though in my mind I don't plan to sell it
I'm not sure if it's discontinued. I was under the impression that its production has been put on hold so that other styles can be produced, but then again I'm not sure. Hopefully another member can confirm this.

Reactions: heiress-ox