Help! Zipper pull on pochette Volga chipped and exposed brass underneath

Bumbles

O.G.
May 27, 2009
Happy Sunday guys!!!

And what a way to start the day. I've just realised the zipper on my pochette Volga has chipped and the silver metal colour is coming off and has exposed the brass underneath. Has anyone else experienced this???

I'm really upset as it's only 6 months old and too me that is very poor quality from LV. At the moment it's only a little section, but I guess with time with using the zipper to open and close the pochette Volga it's going to get worst. It's the chapman pochette Volga that I got last December. I haven't gone into LV yet, but will do so next weekend as my usual SA is not in today.

Has anyone had this happen to them? And what do you think LV will do about it? For a 6th month old item, this is not on. And if it gets fixed I reckon it will happen again as it's always being pulled to open the pochette volga!!! Ahhh.... what does everything think? I tried to post a photo but no luck as yet..... such a sad start to my Sunday :sad:

Wtf. I've always known the gold hardware chips away and turns silver but now the silver hardware is chipping and exposing gold?? Ok LV hardware just plain sucks. The silver is a lot better quality than gold but this is a first for the shw I believe. Gotta just have them replace the zipper pull. Should be free. Can you please post a pic?
Happy Sunday guys!!!

And what a way to start the day. I've just realised the zipper on my pochette Volga has chipped and the silver metal colour is coming off and has exposed the brass underneath. Has anyone else experienced this???

I'm really upset as it's only 6 months old and too me that is very poor quality from LV. At the moment it's only a little section, but I guess with time with using the zipper to open and close the pochette Volga it's going to get worst. It's the chapman pochette Volga that I got last December. I haven't gone into LV yet, but will do so next weekend as my usual SA is not in today.

Has anyone had this happen to them? And what do you think LV will do about it? For a 6th month old item, this is not on. And if it gets fixed I reckon it will happen again as it's always being pulled to open the pochette volga!!! Ahhh.... what does everything think? I tried to post a photo but no luck as yet..... such a sad start to my Sunday :sad:

While chipping and tarnishing is considered natural wear and tear, it's only been 6 months and that's pretty premature. I would personally take it back to LV and politely request a courtesy repair, especially if you're a good customer and have a history of treating your purchases with care (not babying, but at the same time not abusing).

Wtf. I've always known the gold hardware chips away and turns silver but now the silver hardware is chipping and exposing gold?? Ok LV hardware just plain sucks. The silver is a lot better quality than gold but this is a first for the shw I believe. Gotta just have them replace the zipper pull. Should be free. Can you please post a pic?
Here's a picture

Attachments

• IMG_8940.JPG
    IMG_8940.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 234
While chipping and tarnishing is considered natural wear and tear, it's only been 6 months and that's pretty premature. I would personally take it back to LV and politely request a courtesy repair, especially if you're a good customer and have a history of treating your purchases with care (not babying, but at the same time not abusing).
Thank you. I will go there next weekend.

I guess no one else has experienced this???

I know it's only minor, but to happen after only 5/6 months use is not good. This will be my first after care experience so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully it will be a good one. From other fellow tpf it can be a great one or bad, depending on how it goes I'll keep you posted.

Here's a picture
Thanks for the pic. That shouldn't happen at all. And stupid me, I can't act like i never saw SHW faulty before, my own bag had chipping on the ring where the shoulder strap attaches on my PDV PM. I saw a slight gold color underneath as the hardware was chipping away. Taking an item back to the store due to a fault can be stressful. If you don't get a suitable answer make sure you get a 2nd and 3rd opinion. It took me 3 attempts to finally have my faulty/crappy hardware sent off and replaced for free.

Thanks for the pic. That shouldn't happen at all. And stupid me, I can't act like i never saw SHW faulty before, my own bag had chipping on the ring where the shoulder strap attaches on my PDV PM. I saw a slight gold color underneath as the hardware was chipping away. Taking an item back to the store due to a fault can be stressful. If you don't get a suitable answer make sure you get a 2nd and 3rd opinion. It took me 3 attempts to finally have my faulty/crappy hardware sent off and replaced for free.
Thank you for the support. Will keep on updated on how I go :smile: