Prada Cahier bag? OMG coolest bag I've had in a loooong time

Such a cool bag, but it looks like the letters on "Milano" are crooked. Is that just do to the photo angles?
Hi all, I would love some advice re: my astrology Cahier. It's my first Prada bag and I love it! Buuuut, I was conditioning it just now and saw that the "MILANO" is crooked as hell! It looks like "MiLaNo". I am pretty precious about it so it doesn't seem likely that I would have damaged it, more likely I was just so excited to get it that I didn't look closely enough when the shop assistant told me to look it over. The "PRADA" hasn't shifted at all. Looking at pictures online at Prada and Saks, it seems like this is a bit of a problem with the bag even in official product shots, particularly when it is on Saffiano. Anyone else had problems? I took some screen grabs to illustrate. 1. The Real Real 2. Saks 3. & 4. Prada online

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.51.03 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.51.03 pm.png
    842 KB · Views: 1,737
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.52.22 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.52.22 pm.png
    288.8 KB · Views: 1,729
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.53.05 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.53.05 pm.png
    278.5 KB · Views: 1,739
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.54.45 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.54.45 pm.png
    380.1 KB · Views: 1,763
I know this was posted a while ago, but they do look slightly crooked. I was checking out the forums for anything on cahier. I just got a black/white/gold one, and mine looks good in person. I ordered directly fro the Prada website, but was shipped in the prada gift bag and not the box. It seems the black and white version is pretty popular around here.

Reactions: TAZxSPIN
Hi all,
First time posting on the forum. Just wanted to share my first Prada purchase, the red and black cahier bag! I just got it from the Prada boutique at Crystals shopping center in Las Vegas yesterday, it's supposed to be the largest Prada boutique in the US. I am in love with this bag! I think this is a new color for spring It's perfect with Chinese New Year and Valentine's day around the corner. I had such a lovely experience shopping with an SA by the name of Eduardo, so sweet, patient, and not pushy at all. He showed me so many bags and probably helped me for almost an hour. The experience of working with a nice SA at a boutique really just elevates the experience of buying a nice bag!

Attachments

• 20180211_185842.jpg
    20180211_185842.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,206
Hi all,
First time posting on the forum. Just wanted to share my first Prada purchase, the red and black cahier bag! I just got it from the Prada boutique at Crystals shopping center in Las Vegas yesterday, it's supposed to be the largest Prada boutique in the US. I am in love with this bag! I think this is a new color for spring It's perfect with Chinese New Year and Valentine's day around the corner. I had such a lovely experience shopping with an SA by the name of Eduardo, so sweet, patient, and not pushy at all. He showed me so many bags and probably helped me for almost an hour. The experience of working with a nice SA at a boutique really just elevates the experience of buying a nice bag!

Gorgeous and that’s the best mall ever right?!!!

Yes! It's such an over the top luxury mall! It has beautiful architectural details inside and it has a really amazing, giant lighted gold dragon sculpture up for Chinese New Year. I wanted to go to Fendi, but just happened to stop in Prada before I found the Fendi store .

Hi all, I would love some advice re: my astrology Cahier. It's my first Prada bag and I love it! Buuuut, I was conditioning it just now and saw that the "MILANO" is crooked as hell! It looks like "MiLaNo". I am pretty precious about it so it doesn't seem likely that I would have damaged it, more likely I was just so excited to get it that I didn't look closely enough when the shop assistant told me to look it over. The "PRADA" hasn't shifted at all. Looking at pictures online at Prada and Saks, it seems like this is a bit of a problem with the bag even in official product shots, particularly when it is on Saffiano. Anyone else had problems? I took some screen grabs to illustrate. 1. The Real Real 2. Saks 3. & 4. Prada online

My Prada saffiano wallet I bought back in 2012 had the exact same issue. I sent it in for repair to freshen up the hardware. In the end I believe they replaced all of the hardware in the end and the Prada and Milano words came back even more crooked. I don’t think it’s an uncommon issue of theirs sadly...

Reactions: xxjoolisa
I agree averagejoe. There are some hardware elements here that are revisionistic of the LV. But the LV is very overpriced IMHO and holds about nothing, and I do wish Mr NG would tone down some of the cacophony with the current logo mixes all over everything. It's young and fun, I guess, but I don't find it to be sophisticated or refined.

The accordion style on this makes it a bit interesting and it holds actually most of my daily essentials. It's got a bit of the luxe goth grunge embellishing from the 90's which is probably why I am drawn to it. 90's girl. I am seeing if someone can't hunt me down the all white in Italy (of course totally sold out) but in the meantime, 2 color combos arrive tomorrow from Prada.

We shall see how it goes. Spreading my wings a little here!!

I get the 90s vibe as well. The velvet ones strike me as more 70s though. It's a fun handbag and definitely having its moment.

Hi all,
Congrats! The bag looks great! Eduardo also helped me when I bought my bag. :P

Hi all,
This is stunning!

I think mine has similar issues but not as serious.

7287307e8b2eb7d0d9cbe24f9cd58af1.jpg

Hey guys -

My first time on the Prada forum. I am taking a wee break from Chanel and going a bit Gucci, Valentino and Prada. ESP Prada after I saw and nearly flew out of my chair on this one. It's gorgeous and 90's-esque cool, a little tacky edgy rustic fun mixed with some modern lines.

Anyone else pick up one of these yet??

View attachment 3417435 View attachment 3417436
I love my Cahier. I have the medium in black/gold. I love the color combo you have, but sadly it is too small for me. I entertained the thought of buying a BoyBag, but felt the Prada was a much nicer bag for the money. The BoyBag to me felt lightweight and cheap. I love how substantial this bag feels in your hands, as well as the fact that you will NOT see it draped over every other woman's shoulder. Great choice!

Reactions: TraceySH and S_STAR
Does anyone know in the past how long the prada cahier leather shoulder bag with silver hardware was available for and the likelihood of it coming back out in silver?

https://www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/product/947069?cm_mmc=LinkshareUK-_-QFGLnEolOWg-_-Custom-_-LinkBuilder&siteID=QFGLnEolOWg-QQtYcMHhLChT2QassdrXMw&rewardStyle=rewardStyle&dclid=CNDAkKuWoeACFZ0DrQYdvQgDGQ
I just got a white and silver Cahier in new condition from Fashiionphile for $1226 with a coupon. If you don't mind buying secondhand, you could probably find one.