Very First Goyard!

chloebagfreak

Need Sunny Days
O.G.
Jul 4, 2007
image.jpeg Well, I finally got this lovely St. Louis PM! I've been wanting one for years- back when they were half the price. The threads here about quality issues were a deterrent too, but after talking to my SA at Barneys I felt more confident to purchase one. Sheryl at Barneys NY was amazing ...very helpful and patient. I haven't quire figured out how to take the plastic off the handles yet I love this color blue. It is really a vibrant, happy color! I don't usually carry much, so hopefully it will look good without being overstuffed.
Thanks❤️

Reactions: WillstarveforLV
Gorgeous! Congrats and what a great colour for summer! You wont regret it - I have had mine for 9 months now and I am obsessed with it - want it in every colour!
Thank you! I really love this color. I have a Bottega Veneta in this color and it's so cheery So, after nine months do you notice any issues with cracking handles or holes developing in the corners ?
I so know what you mean about wanting a few more in other colors...id love a gray one and maybe yellow

Thank you! I really love this color. I have a Bottega Veneta in this color and it's so cheery So, after nine months do you notice any issues with cracking handles or holes developing in the corners ?
I so know what you mean about wanting a few more in other colors...id love a gray one and maybe yellow
I just now am starting to notice slight cracking at the top of the straps wear I put on my shoulders - no holes yet in the corners and I got mine personalized as well and the paint is still like new - mind you I have been using mine as a work horse and I really load it up and am not TLCing like I should be and it has been through a brutal Canadian winter so it has been through the wringer since I have been using it. That is why I want to get another colour so I can rotate - I plan on retiring it for the summer months but the bag is so big and roomy and practical - I just can't pack it away!

Reactions: chloebagfreak
I just now am starting to notice slight cracking at the top of the straps wear I put on my shoulders - no holes yet in the corners and I got mine personalized as well and the paint is still like new - mind you I have been using mine as a work horse and I really load it up and am not TLCing like I should be and it has been through a brutal Canadian winter so it has been through the wringer since I have been using it. That is why I want to get another colour so I can rotate - I plan on retiring it for the summer months but the bag is so big and roomy and practical - I just can't pack it away!
Wow, thanks for that! I'm so happy to hear that it is holding up in spite of you using it as a work horse I really wanted mine personalized but was too impatient. I'd love a gray one with pink stripes
I had initially hesitated too because of all the fakes out there but, I guess most of the great designs have that happen. To think I could have gotten one years ago at Barneys Beverly Hills for nearly half of what it is now. I think I got two Balenciagas that day instead, since they were leather.
Here's a couple of mod shots- still with the plastic on

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
Wow, thanks for that! I'm so happy to hear that it is holding up in spite of you using it as a work horse I really wanted mine personalized but was too impatient. I'd love a gray one with pink stripes
I had initially hesitated too because of all the fakes out there but, I guess most of the great designs have that happen. To think I could have gotten one years ago at Barneys Beverly Hills for nearly half of what it is now. I think I got two Balenciagas that day instead, since they were leather.
Here's a couple of mod shots- still with the plastic on
Goyard is not popular at all here in Canada - and no where to buy it - I had to trek all the way to Beverly Hills to get mine so I thought I might as well go all in and get the personlization on it too:graucho:
Blue is such a great colour - esp with jeans....paired with a Gucci marmot belt and Princetown mules of course! :tup:

Goyard is not popular at all here in Canada - and no where to buy it - I had to trek all the way to Beverly Hills to get mine so I thought I might as well go all in and get the personlization on it too:graucho:
Blue is such a great colour - esp with jeans....paired with a Gucci marmot belt and Princetown mules of course! :tup:
Wow, so you were in Beverly Hills. At the Goyard store?
No more though at Barneys BH, unfortunately only NY.
Yes, Gucci goes with Anything❤️#need therapy for Gucci addiction!

Sorry don't mean to high jack your thread but here is a pic of my personalization:blush:View attachment 3714264
Wow, no problem! I'm glad you showed me.
What a stunning bag and the colors are amazing❤️
It certainly looks new! I would like a darker color for Fall. I was debating between the one you have or the one with the black handles.
How long did you have to leave the bag while they personalized it?