Need a Boy, but which one?

lilacto

O.G.
Jan 12, 2009
Hi guys, I need to decide quickly!

I have 3 Classic Flaps one in each size mini, medium and Jumbo. The mini is Orange Red Chevron LGHW, Other 2 are black caviar one Gold and other silver HW.

I really wanted to add a beige jumbo before moving on to a boy but am now distracted by the pre fall caviar boy bags. I need a boy but I don't know which one to get!!

I was holding out for the Red caviar boy GHW but I was hoping for it to be a darker red. Maybe the pictures don't do justice to the colour of the bag?!?

Another problem is I don't live close to a boutique so my only option is to hang out here and get an idea of size and true colour. So I am hoping you guys can help me....

So here are my options:

1. Dark Red Calfskin Chevron RHW SS 2016
2. Cobalt Blue Calfskin Chevron RHW SS 2016 ( a kind TPFer helped me track these down)
3. Red Caviar Quilted GHW pre fall 2017
4. Navy Blue Caviar Quilted GHW pre fall 2017

Which one should I get? Would like them all!!! But I have to pick one for now...

I'll post pics so it's easier..

Here are pics taken from the forum and internet..

Attachments

• 604358EE-1507-4D30-B943-22CE670F0DFB-438-0000001DBD7506E5.jpeg
    604358EE-1507-4D30-B943-22CE670F0DFB-438-0000001DBD7506E5.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 703
  • E759BE3A-96B8-4676-9BD0-C17065B0B51F-438-0000001E270845F3.jpeg
    E759BE3A-96B8-4676-9BD0-C17065B0B51F-438-0000001E270845F3.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 710
  • 4780C622-BF71-4BC2-B56A-433E3F277771-438-0000001EFA8C9EDD.jpeg
    4780C622-BF71-4BC2-B56A-433E3F277771-438-0000001EFA8C9EDD.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 736
  • 8885C47F-7DD8-4D18-84F2-86EB9964108F-438-0000001F132401B3.jpeg
    8885C47F-7DD8-4D18-84F2-86EB9964108F-438-0000001F132401B3.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 758
You MUST see the red in person - no way to do Chanel red by photo and others' opinions. Red is just too difficult. If it's your perfect shade, you have your answer :smile: I went to the store to see a red mini not too long ago, it looks like a really nice true red, then it just so happens that on that day I had a gorgeous true red flap with me, once I put them side by side, the mini pales in comparison. the contrast is so stark that I was so surprised. Chanel reds are so strange. If possible, you should also see the same bag in different lighting (take it just outside of the store lighting at the door?) too while seeing it.

However, if it's not absolutely perfect, I would pick the 16S blue. they made some amazing blue shades that season, and it's quite difficult to get a nice chanel blue too like that, and plus to me boys are "fun" bags where you can be a bit loud with color, like rectangular minis. Blue is also easy to match IMO tone wise so it can add a pop to many outfits, and variety to your collection.

good luck with the fun decision, they are all gorgeous. don't we wish we can always get them all?!?!

You MUST see the red in person -

good luck with the fun decision, they are all gorgeous. don't we wish we can always get them all?!?!

Hey Vanana Thanks you! I always enjoy reading your inputs on the forum :smile:

Unfortunately there is no way for me to see the bag in person before I buy. There is one boutique in my country and its a 3 hour flight away :sad: Also they get only one of each bag, so its very hard to get what you want. They know I have been wanting a red boy for long now so I may get a call when the red boy hits the store. I wanna make sure I make the right decision about it.

Have you seen the new red boy? If so what do you think? I do love the blue chevron as well, but I think your medium classic chevron flap in blue is TDF!! Its a hard decision!! I really do wish I could get more than one right now!

Reactions: Vanana
Hey Vanana Thanks you! I always enjoy reading your inputs on the forum :smile:

Unfortunately there is no way for me to see the bag in person before I buy. There is one boutique in my country and its a 3 hour flight away :sad: Also they get only one of each bag, so its very hard to get what you want. They know I have been wanting a red boy for long now so I may get a call when the red boy hits the store. I wanna make sure I make the right decision about it.

Have you seen the new red boy? If so what do you think? I do love the blue chevron as well, but I think your medium classic chevron flap in blue is TDF!! Its a hard decision!! I really do wish I could get more than one right now!
Ugh that's horrible... (and lucky?) that you're so far away from a store! I haven't seen the red in real life yet but have a caviar mini reserved. My personal view on most boutiques' lighting is that there's a very slight hint of yellow to it but they're strong so they sort of play up the "brightness" of the tone a bit most of the time. When I see same bag in sunlight, the color is mostly the same but in a more "settled" less vibrant shade. that's not to say it's true in every case but just my personal thought on it, that's why for certain colors, I always try to see it in other light to see the "range" if I wasn't sure (I even asked to go to their back room with a bag once to compare colors). You will need someone to take multiple photos for you PLUS descriptions because red doesn't even photo true colors - I have a raspberry red that looks like true red in photos no matter how I try. I literally stare at it straight, snap the photo without the bag moving from the light source, and it looks like a totally different bag - I die...

if you really crave a dark red, the only way I can think of is to see if there's a strong response I guess and keep your eyes on the boy thread and the prefill threads for people's opinions on them (under chanel shopping). oh so sorry but good luck. truth is if you choose any of the above, it would be a winner anyway as they're all great choices seriously.

Thanks :smile: Have you seen it in person. I think the pictures are not doing justice to this bag. It looks brick red to me in pics.. But the reviews seem good from those who have seen this..

No. I live in a state with no boutique or stores so I understand. The pictures look really good, but somewhere there is a comparison pic between a 2016 red and this 2017 red.

I found the pictures I was talking about again. Check out Post #2831 in Chanel Boutique/Stock in the Reference Section thread and Post #302 in Pre-fall 17/18 thread. Here is where I found the pictures of the red boy bag with GHW. Hope this helps in your decision

I found the pictures I was talking about again. Check out Post #2831 in Chanel Boutique/Stock in the Reference Section thread and Post #302 in Pre-fall 17/18 thread. Here is where I found the pictures of the red boy bag with GHW. Hope this helps in your decision

Thanks a lot for the reference to the posts! It helps :smile:

I really like the red quilted since it has GHW.
Try this. Put the name of each bag on a piece of paper and put the pieces in a hat or box. Not looking, pick a piece of paper. When you look at the name, what does your gut tell you?
This should help you decide on the one you REALLY want.

Thanks a lot for the reference to the posts! It helps :smile:
Ok. just saw the prefall dark red boy in person. The color is absolutely a true dark red. no orange - whatsoever under whatever lighting. In fact, I would say that the best way I can describe it is a true apple red. I first used my phone to take picture, put it next to bag and realize that my phone didn't capture the color correctly. then I used my husband's phone, and put the photo next to the bag in real life, and the color is exactly the same. The photo below is from my husband's and barring any screen resolution or whatever other pc related issues on color differences, this is EXACTLY the shade. it's a delicious APPLE red. I love it.

However, if you're contemplating the caviar boy bag, I will tell you this. the caviar on this is softer than all the other boy bags I have seen on the top flap. I say that because the side and bottom portion feels fine to me on the hardness. it's only the quilted portions that are feeling softer than your typical caviar. is it a problem? personally I don't think so, I think personally no matter how "soft" the caviar is it's harder than your regular calfskin and lambskin so i'm not fussy about things like these unless it felt not "sturdy" and I don't get that feeling from this one.

So a million yes on the color. Now i'm very eager to receive my reserved red caviar mini. :eek:
20170528_170029.jpg