Need some help from the men in the forum

inard1

O.G.
Jan 15, 2012
Hi, I am considering to buy a pair of sunglasses to DH and was debating between the Latitude Pilot in black, the Attitude pilote or the Conspirator Pilote canvas. I am personally leaning towards the first pair (Latitude pilot) since I love the fact they are in titanium hence ultralight. Still I need some opinion from the dudes in the forum (I know there are people with great taste here) - of course opinion form gals are more than welcome as well! :smile:. Which one would you suggest and why?
TIA!1.jpg2.jpg 3.jpg

Reactions: prepster
Hi, I am considering to buy a pair of sunglasses to DH and was debating between the Latitude Pilot in black, the Attitude pilote or the Conspirator Pilote canvas. I am personally leaning towards the first pair (Latitude pilot) since I love the fact they are in titanium hence ultralight. Still I need some opinion from the dudes in the forum (I know there are people with great taste here) - of course opinion form gals are more than welcome as well! :smile:. Which one would you suggest and why?
TIA!View attachment 3709384View attachment 3709385 View attachment 3709386
The first pair looks ridiculous. Unless your husband is a "show-off", I can't imagine most guys walking around with two giant Vs across their face.

I disagree. I think the first pair looks quite cool with the V on the lenses. It's not like it's more flashy than LV monogram lol, don't think people will even know it's LV from just the big V

But like Snibor said sunglasses look very different depending on face shape, so I would recommend going in to the LV store with your hubby and try them out and see which one fits best

Reactions: inard1
I disagree. I think the first pair looks quite cool with the V on the lenses. It's not like it's more flashy than LV monogram lol, don't think people will even know it's LV from just the big V

But like Snibor said sunglasses look very different depending on face shape, so I would recommend going in to the LV store with your hubby and try them out and see which one fits best
There is a big difference between an item made in monogram canvas (bags, luggage, SLGs) and items like these sunglasses. Maybe it's just me, but I don't wear monogram clothing or accessories like sunglasses or belts. It feels very nouveau riche, in particular on guys.
Just my opinion though!

Reactions: prepster and inard1
I like the first (sans the neck strap) and third option. I don't think the V is too much, no one's gonna know that it's LV just from looking at the V, it's not that obvious in real life and I honestly think it's quite cool. I also like how slender the lines of the last one are.

It's probably best to let your DH try on all the options and pick out one that he likes the best and that works with his face. Eyewear is very tricky, and it also depends on personal taste. Some people like sunglasses that have more weight on it (fear of crushing the lighter ones), some like it very light.

The first pair looks ridiculous. Unless your husband is a "show-off", I can't imagine most guys walking around with two giant Vs across their face.

Thank you fabuleux for you honest opinion. The bad thing is that I can't see them in person and I must rely on what the online SAs tell me: they told me that they have mirror lenses and that the V is not visible.
No, hubby is not a show off at all, he is understated, although he likes technical apparel.
I already proceeded with the order, but if the "V" will be visible they will certainly go back.

Honestly I think sunglasses are something a person needs to try on to see how they look. Can you let him pick it out? But I do agree about not having 2 giant Vs across the face.

We live far from LV stores, besides I intended to make him a surprise. He seldom indulges in designer items (that's my "hobby" [emoji4]) so I am sure I would never convince him to make a trip for his sunglasses.

I am quite sure the shape of the lenses would fit his face, not as sure he would like the "V" if it is very visible.

Reactions: prepster and snibor
The V will be visible. Otherwise, why would they feature the product that way?

I vote for none of them. Get a pair of Mykitas or Ditas instead. If he likes technical apparel, he will probably love something from the Mykita Mylon line. And if he prefers understated, there is no branding on them.

Both of those brands are very high end. Very well made and hardly anyone wears them.

There is a big difference between an item made in monogram canvas (bags, luggage, SLGs) and items like these sunglasses. Maybe it's just me, but I don't wear monogram clothing or accessories like sunglasses or belts. It feels very nouveau riche, in particular on guys.
Just my opinion though!

I do agree with you, I am not a fan of flashy monogram myself (all my LVs are leather, and the only "brown" thing I own is a zippy wallet) and I know hubby is not fond of it as well. I really hope the V is not visible from the outside...

The V will be visible. Otherwise, why would they feature the product that way?

I vote for none of them. Get a pair of Mykitas or Ditas instead. If he likes technical apparel, he will probably love something from the Mykita Mylon line. And if he prefers understated, there is no branding on them.

Both of those brands are very high end. Very well made and hardly anyone wears them.

I didn't know those brands, will certainly check out, thank you! TPF always rocks! [emoji1]

I like the first (sans the neck strap) and third option. I don't think the V is too much, no one's gonna know that it's LV just from looking at the V, it's not that obvious in real life and I honestly think it's quite cool. I also like how slender the lines of the last one are.

It's probably best to let your DH try on all the options and pick out one that he likes the best and that works with his face. Eyewear is very tricky, and it also depends on personal taste. Some people like sunglasses that have more weight on it (fear of crushing the lighter ones), some like it very light.

Thank you Redenkeew for your opinion: I didn't like the strap either. What I like of the first pair is that they are in titanium, hence very light, but after reading all the comments I am starting thinking I didn't have a good idea. I am myself very picky when it comes to sunglasses...