Sizing on espadrilles

luu

O.G.
Sep 16, 2008
Hi all, I just purchased a size 37 Tweed espadrilles which fits quite snug when trying at store. I have also tried the 38 which was way too loose, so I decided to go with 37. But when I tried again at home, it was super duper tight, may I know how much would it stretch out for the Tweed espadrilles? this is my first espadrilles, should I return it? Thank you in advance!! :sad:

Hi all, I just purchased a size 37 Tweed espadrilles which fits quite snug when trying at store. I have also tried the 38 which was way too loose, so I decided to go with 37. But when I tried again at home, it was super duper tight, may I know how much would it stretch out for the Tweed espadrilles? this is my first espadrilles, should I return it? Thank you in advance!! :sad:
I had my SA stretch all my espadrilles and now they fit perfect. I hate breaking in shoes and always ask for them to be stretched prior to taking home. Maybe you can take to a cobbler to stretch? Or even put on thick socks and walk around in the house for a few hours. I have done this and it works.

Do the espadrilles not come in half sizes? All my shoes from Chanel are a half size (39.5) =, I haven't purchased any espadrilles though so am not sure

I had my SA stretch all my espadrilles and now they fit perfect. I hate breaking in shoes and always ask for them to be stretched prior to taking home. Maybe you can take to a cobbler to stretch? Or even put on thick socks and walk around in the house for a few hours. I have done this and it works.
Thank you dear ! I like the shoes so much that I just went with it, and to my surprise it only took 15 misn to break into the shoes, now it's quite comfy! Hehe

Hello everybody! I have a sizing question about the lambskin espadrilles. I went in to NM and tried on a pair of size 39 espadrilles and I could not get my foot in it at all! I wear a 39 in the Givenchy slides does anything think I should size up to a 40 in the espadrilles? If anyone wears a 39 in the Givenchy slides let me know what you wear in the Chanel lambskin espadrilles please! Thanks in advance!

I found the lambskin espadrilles to loosen quite a lot! Maybe your feet were swollen from walking/heat that day? I would definitely go with a size that's a little tighter vs looser to start with. On another note, they are super comfy and I'm sure you'll wear the tightness out of them very quickly! :smile:

Hello everybody! I have a sizing question about the lambskin espadrilles. I went in to NM and tried on a pair of size 39 espadrilles and I could not get my foot in it at all! I wear a 39 in the Givenchy slides does anything think I should size up to a 40 in the espadrilles? If anyone wears a 39 in the Givenchy slides let me know what you wear in the Chanel lambskin espadrilles please! Thanks in advance!

You will receive alot of advice about the leather giving and maybe even what size to get. Remember, if your toes hit the front of the shoe, this area will never stretch or be forgiving. Not all shoes comform to your foot. Be careful and do not make a mistake even if you just love this style!

if your foot doesn't go in at all you need to size up. Having said that, I bought lambskin espadrilles in a 39 2 years ago and they fit perfectly for 18 months, but I can't wear them anymore because I walk right out of them because they have stretched that much.

Reactions: cmadtmifyb0623
You will receive alot of advice about the leather giving and maybe even what size to get. Remember, if your toes hit the front of the shoe, this area will never stretch or be forgiving. Not all shoes comform to your foot. Be careful and do not make a mistake even if you just love this style!

Sorry to intrude but I always have hard time figuring out my size and what’s the best fit even when I try the shoes on..
Generally speaking, the toes should not touch the front right? Or only lightly touch?
I own several CHANEL ballet flats and I always go with the looser fit as I found that is so much more comfortable.. i do that with calfskin and lambskin and while they stretch a bit it’s not to the point where they slip off..

Today I went to the boutique to get my first espadrilles (all black lambskin one) size 39 was the tighter fit and 40 was the looser one.. SA told me these don’t come in half sizes.. I followed my usual rule and went with the looser one.. I hope I made the correct decision..

Advice?

Reactions: Seer
Sorry to intrude but I always have hard time figuring out my size and what’s the best fit even when I try the shoes on..
Generally speaking, the toes should not touch the front right? Or only lightly touch?
I own several CHANEL ballet flats and I always go with the looser fit as I found that is so much more comfortable.. i do that with calfskin and lambskin and while they stretch a bit it’s not to the point where they slip off..

Today I went to the boutique to get my first espadrilles (all black lambskin one) size 39 was the tighter fit and 40 was the looser one.. SA told me these don’t come in half sizes.. I followed my usual rule and went with the looser one.. I hope I made the correct decision..

Advice?

Hey there, I would recommend you get the smaller one if you still can. I am the same as you in the sense that I like to size up in my ballerinas by a whole size (I am usually a 7US but wear 38 in ballerinas because I find the toe box very tight) However, the espadrilles stretch a lot!! The first time I tried on the 37, I could barely put them on with a shoe horn. Now I can slip them on with my finger. In my case, I am glad I didn’t go up to a 38. I would recommend trying them on with pantyhose socks (the footie kind) to get a better sense of actual fit.

Advice?

I just bought the beige with black cap toe espadrilles and got the 39 since the 40 was slipping off my heel. They will stretch and they weren’t uncomfortable to me to wear even without them stretching at first but they do stretch to fit you more comfortably.

Advice?

I just bought the beige with black cap toe espadrilles and got the 39 since the 40 was slipping off my heel. They will stretch and they weren’t uncomfortable to me to wear even without them stretching at first but they do stretch to fit you more comfortably.
When you guys say when a size is "tighter," is that tight lengthwise or widthwise? I'm in between a 39 and 40, the 40s are way too loose and slipping off by the 39s were short lengthwise. The SA said they will stretch out in the width (left to right) but not length, so if my toes are squished right up against the top of the shoe then they won't stretch out.

Is that the same experience you guys have? or do they stretch everywhere?

When you guys say when a size is "tighter," is that tight lengthwise or widthwise? I'm in between a 39 and 40, the 40s are way too loose and slipping off by the 39s were short lengthwise. The SA said they will stretch out in the width (left to right) but not length, so if my toes are squished right up against the top of the shoe then they won't stretch out.

Is that the same experience you guys have? or do they stretch everywhere?

You sound like the same size I am but my toes aren’t necessarily squished up. I was told they will stretch both ways not just width wise. I don’t have a problem with the width, lengthwise it’s just a tad tighter than what I’m used to but by no means am I uncomfortable whatsoever. I just bought mine last week and only wore them around the house when they came in the mail and they fit just fine. I just wanted to make sure they worked and I didn’t have to return them.